We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

Hi Dredgy - thanks for the mod - the Golf GTI is much better in FWD than 4WD.

I've run into a bit of a problem though. All of my cars (or 90% of them) get renamed to the last car I modify. Yesterday, they were all 'Golf GTI' (removing the R32 bit since I have a mod).

Now they're all 'Ford GT', after making a small adjustment today. Reverting the original DB.bnk file doesn't help (I'm guessing the names are in DB_US.bnk?, in which case I'll get it from my brothers PC).

Anyone else familiar with this problem and know of a quick fix? It's pretty hard choosing the car you want from the garage list when they're all named the same.

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, not exactly sure what the problem is there. No one else has reported it, though most of the PMs I get are involved with the name editor somehow. So as a precaution, don't use it (yup, I'm that confident in my program's abilities).

Also when you press save car, check what the car dropdown has selected. If you have used the mousewheel you may have accidentally 'selected' a different car and saved over the top of that.

Huh, I'll have to look into it. It shouldn't happen unless every car has identical IDs. Anyway, the load/save code in 2.0 is radically different to that in the current release so hopefully it shouldn't happen then.

But so I can see if I can replicate it, what exactly did you change?

Ok, so I load one car, change the drive and gearbox type, click Save, then click the Car Name tab, chenge it, click Save. Select another car, click load, and repeat.

Some cars still have the correct names in TDUPE, but show the incorrect name in game. When blanking out the Submodel text name, clicking the Save button generates an unhandled exception.

I'm also a programmer by hobby, (probably not as skilled as yourself), but am able to beta test where required.

Thanks.

clicking the Save button generates an unhandled exception.

Yeah it does that. My error handling is awful, I just didn't think people would actually things blank and it it my second most complained about bug :p If you want to leave a submodel blank, change its ID to:

And as I stated above using the name editor (car name tab) is quite volatile since it i independent from the rest of the editor and has virtually no error checking.

I'm also a programmer by hobby, (probably not as skilled as yourself)

Cool. And you flatter me :p No matter how skilled I am, I am still unbelievably lazy.

Oh, and talking of updates, I've somewhat accidentally deleted the source code for 2.0. So I have to start again. Which is annoying cause it was a 100% rewrite from 1.0.

Oh, this is not a bug, I can see what is happening. If you are replacing a submodel, all other submodels in the game with the same value will be replaced.

So if you replace "Coupe" with "Awesome", you will end up with all coupe's being awesome (e.g "Lamborghini Gallardo Awesome").

Since you are replacing a blank (??) with something, everything else with no sub models will be replaced, since the internal value for ?? changes from blank to GTI.

That's why the ID field is located next to the value field. For cases such as this, or unrenamable cars such as the Edonis or Ascari, you change the ID.

For example, load up TDUPE, go to the Golf and change the submodel ID to:

78882366 and press save car. This will change load a different value that is not in the game (Toyota Celica in this case). Change Celica to GTI and enjoy.

Makes sense. I've already restored a backup (I have the whole TDU Program Files location backed up just in case).

I'd change the following to prevent others doing the same:

1. Tell users to backup DB.bnk AND DB_US.bnk

2. Assign the blank ID number to the string value of "" (when the SubModel field is blank - I wouldn't want to come looking here for the ID number that I have to paste in).

3. If someone changes the submodel from "" to 'something', automatically carete/assign a new unused ID number.

If #3 isn't possible, I'd just change the submodel to a drop-down list-box.

Hope this helps

2. Assign the blank ID number to the string value of "" (when the SubModel field is blank - I wouldn't want to come looking here for the ID number that I have to paste in).

For now you just have to put ??. You will get an unhandled exception if you leave any text boxes blank. In the code I did for 2.0, it automatically reverts to default if left blank.

3. If someone changes the submodel from "" to 'something', automatically carete/assign a new unused ID number.

Not as easy as it sounds, but not overally hard either. It's one of the main features of 2.0 and I've discussed with Djey the possibility of making this easier to code using his framework. Mine does (well, did before I deleted it) considerably more though than just when you change it from blank ;)

1. Tell users to backup DB.bnk AND DB_US.bnk

I've suggested it, but it's not particularly urgent, since you can just copy the default from Djey's community patch, same with DB.bnk. However, DB.BNK causes came crashes when it's screwed up.

Fair enough. One last suggestion, is to create a boolean variable such as 'blnSaved' and set it to false when any changes are made, and change it to true when the 'Save Performance Data' menu item is pressed. If it is false when the user tries to exit, give them a prompt asking if they are sure they want to quit without saving. I've forgotten to do it a few times now :)

Might be better off having buttons at the bottom right of the window, independent of the tabs: 'Close' & 'Save and Close'

That's just my suggestions. I'm on xfire if you'd rather keep this thread clean.

Fair enough. One last suggestion, is to create a boolean variable such as 'blnSaved' and set it to false when any changes are made, and change it to true when the 'Save Performance Data' menu item is pressed.

This is actually already in the current version, I think. It just doesn't have a check. The source code for 1.x is so, so messy cause I switched frameworks 3 times while coding it, most of it s absolute garbage.

Might be better off having buttons at the bottom right of the window, independent of the tabs: 'Close' & 'Save and Close'

Could be. So far I haven't got any plans for the layout, so we'll just see where it takes us.

That's just my suggestions

All have been noted :)

I'm on xfire if you'd rather keep this thread clean.

I have no idea what that is, are you an arsonist?

I also had the problem with the names, e.g. when I renamed the V8 Vantage into Vantage N400 (N400 being the submodel), all cars showed up as N400's. But I then got into Djey's modding tools and there changed to V8 Vantage, and then to Vantage N400, and it worked. Vantage N400 is Vantage N400, and I have all the other cars' names as well.. Hope this helps.. :D

But I then got into Djey's modding tools and there changed to V8 Vantage, and then to Vantage N400, and it worked. Vantage N400 is Vantage N400, and I have all the other cars' names as well.. Hope this helps..

Aye, Djey's tools uses the list of values/ids. It's the same function as ID swapping in my tools.

It's an Instant Messenger program that works inside games. Press a key combination and it overlays in your games so that you don't have to Alt+Tab to talk to others. It has a few other functions as well.

Righto, I don't social network outside of MSN.

Hey.

The XML files are for attaching to autoinstallers, and step one in the guide does say you must create an autoinstaller using Djey's Patch Editor first ;)

Your patches will have the names: install.pch and uninstall.pch.

It is recommended you don't create an autoinstaller though unless you are creating a vehicle yourself, since the physics are built to be used on every car, but an autoinstaller will install only on one car. There are also no places where you can release physics installer here except the official mod thread.

I'd recommend just using a performance pack (.tdupk file) and submit it to me. I'll test it and if it matches the Veyron's physics I can upload it to my site.

Cheers

Hey man

I just have to thank you so much for this tool, but theres one problem, for example i change the alfa romeos bhp to say like 400-500 i save the car and then i play the game and its still the same, i tried it a few times and it still happens. I tried it again and changed the bhp value and then i saved it, then i loaded up the same car and again it was changed back to normal, am i doing something wrong here?? i dont get any error messeges and do i need to download anything else because i just downloaded your tool and thats about it, do i need anything else?? im going to download Djeys magic map and see if it works then.

Thanks man and sorry for being such a n00b

Hey man

I just have to thank you so much for this tool, but theres one problem, for example i change the alfa romeos bhp to say like 400-500 i save the car and then i play the game and its still the same, i tried it a few times and it still happens. I tried it again and changed the bhp value and then i saved it, then i loaded up the same car and again it was changed back to normal, am i doing something wrong here?? i dont get any error messeges and do i need to download anything else because i just downloaded your tool and thats about it, do i need anything else?? im going to download Djeys magic map and see if it works then.

Thanks man and sorry for being such a n00b

I had this problem. The problem was in the chair, not the program. :cheeky: j/k

After you hit "Save Car" you have to press "File > Save Data". :) You will get a message that says "Data Saved". Press OK and then enjoy your overpowered Alfa. :)

-Leadfoot

im dissapointed there is no bike physics management, segregationist?
    \

Yup. Bikes are stupid. Besides, there are no bike mods, so no need to edit physics.

i have created the .tdupk for veyron's physics. where shall i upload it for u?

Wherever you want. If you can't find anywhere, just copy and paste the contents of the file into a PM to me.

How are you doing on the update.

Meh, since I deleted everything, I can't be bothered to rewrite it all so it's just...meh.

The new name editor is redone, still have to redo the tuning pack editor and other features.

On another note, I've switched to an online account for TDU and I honestly can't see why anybody does it. You can't use it with a No-CD so you have to wait an extra minute or so for the game to load, and when you finally get on people keep inviting you to race. It's an unbearable mode of play...