We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Attention FM3 Money Glithers!

gingervette

Turn 10 has decided it's a good idea to punish those who took advantage of the money glitch that was operatible at the game's release. In their latest blog, they explain that banning my be a bit harsh but must be done. They have a list of the gamertags of all of those who took part in the glitching. To keep from getting banned, you can buy a Ford Focus RS from the Auction House that Turn10 is putting up. They cost 10 million each. The reason for this? High credit counts drive the prices of most cars, particularly unicorn cars, up on the Auction House, making it near impossible for regular players to attain them.

Here's my problem:

They already fixed the glitch, why wait 2 weeks to punish those who took part?

Next, look at their reasoning! What is the difference between doing this, and doing the same oval race 1000 times a day or hiring a driver to do races for you repeatedly? This glitch was just a faster way of getting the same result.

This is a post that RCFourFive made on Forza Central that really sums it up perfectly:

If they didnt make the races such low payout and make upgrades unrealisticly expensive then people would not be so incented to look for credit glithes.

It's that simple.

The game's arrogant "persona" matches that of its creators - they think they have "the greatest sim engine since the beginning of time" when all they really have is a pretty cool game that has a livery editor and an easy way for players to trade objects.

The arrogance of wanting ban users for exploiting a blatant programming flaw is outrageous.

Think about it, Turn 10 failed to find the MONEY GLITCH during beta testing - are they that stupid and inept?

My 9 year old daughter found their "glitch" the first day Turn 10 gifted us a car - the message popped up and we read it, and then immidiatly backed out to the front menu and went to the XBox Dashboard to download the theme.

Upon restarting the game you find the mods you just sold to raise CR5,000 are still on the car, but you got the money - now whose fault is it really that Turn 10 mase such a rooky programming mistake as to NOT write the upgrade change to the game save at the time they write the CREDIT increase??

This really wasnt so much a "glitch" as an embarrasing rookie programming mistake NOT caught by their beta testers.

THEY KNEW from FM1 and FM2 people would looking for these kinds of errors - yet they STILL went gold with their game with bugs galore.

Banning users is the way Dan Groenewald sleeps well at night. What a pathetic way to deal with his own inept programmers by punishing the people who PAY his FREAKING SALARY.

Perhaps FM3 players who are banned for this should turn around and file a class action lawsuit against Turn 10 for yet again selling bug ridden software and coverng their own backsides by turning on the very people who BUY their products.

What's next?

They going to ban players who decide to grind the same oval track 1000 times and make money? Or the players that run 6 Lemans Races per night with hired drivers while they wathc television?

For goodness sakes man, the GAME is supposed to be a fantasy relief from real-life where yo ugetto play with cars.... whats their obsession with trying to turn this into a WOW MMORPG?

Read the Terms of Use. It clearly states that you can't abuse a bug.

In using the Service, you may not:

exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game , contest, or promotion.

Seems clear to me, makes no difference whether Turn 10 should have spotted the glitch, just by playing the game you agree to the terms, and you've broken one.

I'll sit on the fence here and enjoy the splinters in my cheeks. Is abusing a glitch against the T&C's? Yes. Should Turn10 have tested it more thoroughly especially considering the rife glitching in FM2? Yes.

Banned from Forza for a week, not sure I'd notice tbh. Not that I played it enough to learn the glitches anyway.

It only affects regular players that want the unicorn cars. Which shouldn't even be in the game, they shouldn't be allowed to list cars as in the final product, when quite clearly, THEY ARE NOT!! They are available on the auction house, yes, but I am not prepared to pay 80,000,000CR for a Subaru Impreza FGS! For that money you could buy near enough every production car in the game!

There are many things that put me off playing FM3, the ridiculously long season play, the stupidly expensive upgrade parts, (18,000CR for a turbocharger? I think not T10, I think not!), the totally fecked muliplayer, (honestly, I don't mind matchmaking, but why did they feel the need to take away custom lobbies? Maybe I want to set up a drift room to my liking, and have randoms join in? You know, like pretty much every other non-ranked multiplayer system in gaming history.), and the annoying cockpits on most race cars, annoying in the sence that they do not work. Why do they not work? Surely atleast ONE beta tester must have driven atleast ONE of the affected cars!! It's not like it's only a select few of them, they aren't hard to find!

The money glitch fiasco is just the icing on the cake.

Aside from all that though, I enjoy a spot of drifting now and then, maybe even a season play race, but it's not exactly grabbed me by the balls and not letting me go. Which GTA BoGT, has. A game that is very old now, with a few little gimmicks thrown in, manages to keep my attention more than a brand spanking new game. Although, to be fair, Forza 3 is just Forza 2 with a few gimmicks thrown in. :p

Sorry for the massive rant, that is probably going to be seen as off topic. :l

I was going to post this a few days ago, but decided not too because the cheating swine should pay for their cheating.

I do think that T10 will be able to notice the difference from earning lots of cash in a few thousand races and suddenly credits appearing in an acc after a few deals.

Apparently they can tell where your money comes from, they seem to be able to access every stat you see in "My Profile" I assume?

Che Team Forza said:

We track everything you ever do in the game, offline and online. So yeah, don't worry about it. We have mounds of data to enact on bans.

FXSarge1 said:

"We track everything you ever do in the game, offline and online. So yeah, don't worry about it. We have mounds of data to enact on bans."

i want my mounds of data or money back

phREDESIGN said:

This comment is for FXSarge:

On 11/18 your in-game credits were 84,559. Your career winnings totaled 451,269.

On 11/19 your in-game credits were 226,265,278. Your career winnings totaled 451,438.

There are no Auction House or Storefront transactions that match this jump in your credits. Your race stats do not account for these credits.

If you have a rational explanation for this jump in credits besides the use of a glitch or cheat you can email us at [email protected]. Until that time your Ban will be permanent.

I did the glitch, I am guilty. There were cars I wanted. I don't have time to do 8 laps around Sebring and 7 laps around Laguna Seca just to get 5,000 credits. I broke the rules so refuse to complain about a punishment. I honestly think they are bluffing but in the event they are not, I'll just play TDU for a week, that's fine by me.

My problem is this: The reason they give for enforcing the rules.

Their reason is because people who do the money glitching have an unfair advantage when buying the Unicorn Cars in the Auction House when they become avaliable. This will not solve the problem. Now, instead of money-glitching, people will simply hire a driver to do an endurance race repeatedly or they will race the same oval-track race 1000 times. There are still ways to get the money, they simply take longer.

You know what? WHO CARES ABOUT GLITCHERS!! I Sure don't, Does it really matter if someone Makes tons of money and buys unicorn cars? Does it really matter if you he makes tons of money unfairly, But you worked for yours? which ones more statisfying? I think the working for it. Plus if you save your money you could have TONS of the stuff.. So, once you think about it theres no point in banning them because there just going to either make a new account and do it again or find other ways of doing it. They could also just serve there ban and come back and have learnt nothing.

Looooong Rant/

I thought they was getting permanent bans?

Everywhere I've read suggests the bans are permanent too!

I don't think driving lots of races, whether its the same one or loads of different ones, is the same as glitching though. Even if you hire a driver.

Its just a matter of patience, you either play the game or you don't... imo.

Well, any ban length other than permanent won't make any difference, because T10 didn't take their money away. If they only got a week ban, then they could come back a week down the line, still with there millions of glitched CR.

Permanent is the only sensible option.

Also, to those who protest their bans, it is in the XBL ToS that you do not exploit glitches to give you an advantage in a game. The same ToS that you agreed to when you signed up for XBL. So I can't really say that they don't deserve it, they are lucky T10 aren't pushing for XBL bans. As I heard MW2 glitchers are taking XBL bans, although it's only a day, or a week, but still.

From T10 Blog

It’s also Friday, which means the ban hammer has fallen, invalidating more than 1400 credit glitchers from using our online services with their exploited profiles. If you are one of the few who has had their save game profiles invalidated, keep in mind your Gamertag is NOT banned and all the liveries, layer groups, tuning setups, photos, and replays that you downloaded from the Storefront have not been lost. All you need to do is remove your old save game and start a new profile.

If you have a question, email [email protected]. We do not guarantee that we will answer over the weekend, and please consider that we have all the info of everything you’ve ever done in the game; if you want us to double-check because you’re absolutely certain that we have made a mistake, that’s fine, but just know that if we discover you used the credit glitch, your Gamertag and Xbox 360 will be banned from our servers as a result. Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Source

Think they're just going after the 'big' offenders though.

T10 can't ban every user who used it just to try it out. That would be insane.

For example, an honest player may stumble across the glitch by accident, test it out to see if it works, then never do it again, having fulfilled his curiousity. Should it be fair he gets banned? Nah.

The guy who glitched 226,000,000 CR in less than 24 hours clearly wasn't curious about it, and was plain exploiting it.