We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 1994 Dauer 962 Le Mans

Tool831

Meh, if Tool wanted people to be able to allow the physics on other cars, he would bundle a performance pack in with the installer.

You know that's never going to happen.

This whole refusal to support bodyswapping was born out of the limitations that TDU modding USED TO HAVE but is no longer saddled with, and as such, it needs to END. The so-called "old ways" are dead, bury them and get it over with already.

There's far too many mods out there now to deny the ability to bodyswap, especially by coding the physics installer to crash the game if the car installer wasn't used.......that's just not right, plain and simple.

It also doesn't help when some of the car slots that are being chosen are some of the most-used slots and you can only install one thing at a time into that slot, so bodyswapping becomes MANDATORY.

I've got well over 100 car mods installed, and there's no way that some of them are getting uninstalled just to use these auto-installers and get them to work right without crashing the game.......

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also doesn't help when some of the car slots that are being chosen are some of the most-used slots and you can only install one thing at a time into that slot, so bodyswapping becomes MANDATORY.

OR! You could just wait till someone does a mod manager.. ;) It was in progress by dredgy but not sure about if its continuing.

There's far too many mods out there now to deny the ability to bodyswap, especially by coding the physics installer to crash the game if the car installer wasn't used.......that's just not right, plain and simple.

No... Just no.. That's just a load of crap, My physics like dredgy said I have added a new motor type and the motor type comes up as a blank box due to TDUPE not reading new motor types, in result a game crash as nothing was selected, So you obviously still haven't tried actually putting a motor down.

No... Just no.. That's just a load of crap, My physics like dredgy said I have added a new motor type and the motor type comes up as a blank box due to TDUPE not reading new motor types, in result a game crash as nothing was selected, So you obviously still haven't tried actually putting a motor down.

Actually I DID try that Tool, I tried that before I ever posted that installing the physics crashed the game. I even went through each tab in TDUPE to look for more blank fields, and found none, I even changed the subname to Dauer and the model number to 962 and it still crashed the game.

The only way I could get the physics to work at all, was to install them, use the flat6 engine type, swap the physics onto the CLK GTR, then uninstall the physics from the Farboud.

Just changing the engine type still results in a game crash, the game doesn't even start at all.

Your own reply proved that you coded the physics installer to coincide with specific parts of the car installer (which I did not use) specifically the name of the car.

I installed the car manually.....I refuse to use the auto-installers because they do more than just install the car and more importantly because I don't get to choose which car is changed.

Actually I DID try that Tool, I tried that before I ever posted that installing the physics crashed the game. I even went through each tab in TDUPE to look for more blank fields, and found none, I even changed the subname to Dauer and the model number to 962 and it still crashed the game.

Reason why it may of crashed due to you manual installing which I did forget to add, the installer updates the main database (DB_US) with a new custom name. So that coding you see on the far right boxes of the new name with blank boxes is my DB_US update name that your missing due to you manual installing.

So if you were not to call it something other then 962 and generate your own name for it, there is a possible chance that could work.

Also it seems everytime you try swapping physics you tell me your game crashes or you have a issue or even want to rant on about installers, I do have a strong suggestion.. how about this make your own physics for the car you put it on and not try and swap mine. here Ill give you a starter to look for physics Clicky

OR! You could just wait till someone does a mod manager.. It was in progress by dredgy but not sure about if its continuing.

It's discontinued.

Your own reply proved that you coded the physics installer to coincide with specific parts of the car installer (which I did not use) specifically the name of the car.

The entire section for name changes and physics installation is generated by TDUPE. Tool has a very early Alpha version of 2.5 which generates name changes. If you open install.pch in Notepad++ or some other text editor that's not Notepad you can see what in general is going on. It is possible to change the ID of the car it is being installed on, but I recommend not trying it. Changing 2 values in the physics installer would fix what car it installs on. It is impossible using Djey's and my own tools to be able to install the physics on whatever you like, which is why the TDUPK is the best option.

I've got well over 100 car mods installed, and there's no way that some of them are getting uninstalled just to use these auto-installers and get them to work right without crashing the game.......

That's the general reason why I wrote TDUPE, so I could bodyswap. I have maybe 2 mods installed at the moment cause I have to reset my installation every few days to test TDUPE bugs and new features, but none of them are the one Tool recommends.

If Tool doesn't want people to bodyswap, I don't really care, but it's his choice. From what I can tell Atari doesn't want me using a NoCD patch either, but I do unless I have a sudden desire to play online.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I've just installed it as Farboud Prototype, but the car just disappeared... from the showroom floor and Farboud logo for that store also vanished from the map, why? Can't find it anywhere!! I'm using 1.68A at the same time, does that effects this car? Any help will be very appreciated because I love Le Mans Group C cars!!

Because if you used the installer, it probably moved that car to another showroom. ;)

But where :confused: I've searched the whole map and I just can't find it.

w0op, that drives me crazy!! Can you show me the new logo anyway? Dunno how does the new logo looks like... :ill: