We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Games you play while driving?

Jacob

When on long driving trips you should prepare a list full of things and objects and try to see who can find the most.

eg. LamboGuy sees a Porsche Cayenne and crosses it off, but Car Freak does not see it. Car Freak sees an Apache Helicopter raining terror and crosses it off, but oddly LamboGuy does not notice.

Do you mean the games you play with yourself or with the other people in the car?

Most of the time when we go for a driving holiday, I just end up arguing with my sister :p

Probally with other people: Another example! Red car Blue car. Theres 2 people that play this game. One that spots red cars and one that spots blue cars the person with the most cars when you get to where your going wins..

I think James May mentioned this one in his book entitled "Notes From The Hard Shoulder"... Two players look for crappy cars, and when one of the players spots one, they say to the other one: "Look, it's your car!". When the trip ends, the player with the worst car loses. :p

Once, my dad tested the top speed of the Corolla, in 8 AM on a clear highway. Actually, he's done that several times, but that one ended up at 182 km/h. Guess there was a lot of wind, pusing us forward. :D

Another game I play is to count how many cars I can count, with the reg plate of my city. But that's only when we travel to another city, otherwise, it would be impossible to count them all cars in Varna. :D

Both people choose a colour of a car, e.g Yellow.

First person to see a yellow car gets to punch the other person on the top part of their arm. You can change the colour after the first punch or keep using the same colour for the entire journey or until someone cries.

Does get quite violent, well, did in my case. It also annoys the hell out of whoever's driving.

Both people choose a colour of a car, e.g Yellow.

First person to see a yellow car gets to punch the other person on the top part of their arm. You can change the colour after the first punch or keep using the same colour for the entire journey or until someone cries.

Does get quite violent, well, did in my case. It also annoys the hell out of whoever's driving.

We do that with Beetles if you see a beetle you punch them. Or doubles, This is fun to play on a school bus... you start off with one punch then the other person doubles it so they get 2 punchs then the next person punchs you 4 times and so on, Me and my friend got to 120 :nuts: We could barely walk off the bus, are legs were so numb from punching eachother lol.

• 10 months later...

A few years back, I used to count Subaru Outback Wagons (half a point for sedans). Subaru is basically the unofficial state brand in my state - I only know a few people who don't have one, and most of them are from New Jersey or other areas - and I was trying to convince my parents to upgrade from their old Legacy. In one 45-minute trip, I counted over 80 Outbacks alone. :)

On more recent trips (on my permit I can't drive out-of-state), I play the "Get Ready to Take a Picture of the First Aston/Lotus/Porsche I see" game. :p

-Leadfoot