We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Darth Vader GPS

Carda

(GPS) *OVERPOWERING VOICE* .... TURN RIGHT!!

Darth Vader GPS. No more please turn right. You'll be glad you turned right, not to hear him order you to turn around.

Origional created/hosted by GPSIce for the in real life TomTom nagivation system. I extracted his soundbank and converted the soundfiles needed to TDU acceptable soundformat. The limitation by the creator that it's for personal use only and not to be used for commercial packaging. I'll send him a mail once this post is ready and ofcourse I keep this mod free and for public usage.

Luckely the GPS.BNK can be uploaded in one go and no modding anymore is required. Backup your GPS.BNK in Testdrive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Voices\US (that's the language I use) and replace the GPS.BNK with the one from my file.

<<the female voice with distance to destination remained>> dark vader didn't have enough speech to replace that one but it's kinda funny hearing that 'old' female GPS voice trying to interrupt on Darth.

http://www.filefront.com/15582343/GPS.zip

I'm not common and I'm sure my PC can't handle making those nice You-Tube vids :( so can't give a little demonstration.

The Endnotes:

Thanks go to:

Jeffrey and DJEY for creating the tools needed

GPSIce for the great soundfiles

The creator of 'The Beckenbauer GPS' for the inspiration. 40Clocc

Editor Notes:

My mods are based on the public and free use principle

I will not allow my products to be used in commercial products

As these soundfiles are not mine to begin with, you also have to respect the wishes of the creator

Greets and may da force be with ya,

Carda

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...