We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the SUV's & off road vehicles? They was one of the main reasons i was looking forward to TDU 2 so much!

it does say "All-new race types, vehicle classes...."

which could mean SUVs they were just announcing the game today not telling us everything about it

it does say "All-new race types, vehicle classes...."

Dirt bikes.. :drool::drool:

Actually due to it being off road (I think) I hope they removed that crappy gravity issue.

When you do a jump in TDU your car just drops really quick smart, it doesn't even like bounce or have any sense. So I hope TDU2 when doing jumps or just being a idiot driving it actually doesn't pull you back down.

Only time will tell though.

Oh god, I've been waiting for this announcement for so long.

I want more intricate vehicle details, indicators, all sorts of stuff like that. The main thing, I want removable roofs. I really hope it's in there, it could be awesome, if relatively minor. And for targa tops, I want the driver to actually get out and get the roof off, in an animation that can be skipped, and put it in the boot.

:D

;284058']Any chance of that with the other pics? :) NP if its too difficult, not sure how one would take apart a flash file.

-Leadfoot

Yea I can do. Most of them are stock photography but if you want I can split the whole thing up, right down to each button if you like. xD

I'll stick with the main images.

Here's a comparison of Oahu and Ibiza from Google Maps from roughly 10miles out.

hmmm I believe this was not quite correct comparison. This would be it, from about 100km altitude.

Of course, I couldn't keep myself from putting Mallorca too. :D

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/TDU2/oahu-ibiza01.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/TDU2/oahu-majorca01.jpg

;)

Terrain configuration on Ibiza is quite calm, alluvial and pretty flat. The highest peak on Ibiza is about 400 meters. That's nothing comparing to Kolekole landscape on Oahu...on the other hand, Mallorca got proper mountain peak, over 1000m....

The only reason I could think of why they went with a much smaller island is to make it more detailed without exceeding the DVD storage limit, but that's only a dead scenery after all. I think smooth and high-poly roads should be much more important than a scenery...

For you guys who wanted the images, and wanted to use them as sig's ect i'll taken it all apart and layed everything out...

Go to

to download.

Remeber to click "all sizes" to get them in great png format...

4405409097_4fe188b1a3_o.png

I don't like car damage... And that it has car damage can point to one thing only, no Ferrari. :(

Not really, Forza has car damage and still have Ferrari, it depends how serious they make it, and after the success of the first game I can't see many car companies saying no to being in the sequel.

And to add some more fuel to fire;

Atari has confirmed that its long-awaited Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be a Massively Open Online Racing (MOOR) game.

Developed with Eden Games, TDU2 is expected to "immerse" drivers in a persistent, online environment populated by multiplayer racing communities that compete, team up, and share achievements on a virtual track.

"Unlike any other driving games, TDU2 blends the open world experience with realistic vehicles and performance dynamics and for the first time features vehicle damage, weather effects, day and night cycles [along with] a brand new island to explore," said Atari CEO Jeff Lapin.

"Test Drive Unlimited 2 is 'always live,' with automatic updates and seamless online/offline integration. [in addition], a revamped single player narrative mode can be played offline or as part of the multiplayer experience."

Test Drive Unlimited 2 AtariAccording to Lapin, players will be able to define their online personas by customizing vehicles, acquiring property and buying clothing. 

The game is also slated to include all-new race types, vehicle classes, environmental challenges and locations.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be available for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PCs in Fall 2010.

Something makes me think the image is a template, that can be changed by the end user.....

For example when they post release date they will change the info on TDU2.com and the date will show up.

For example:

20 09 2010

Atari's Website[/url] :thumbsup:

Indeed you don't but when you're as lazy as me anything will do :monkeydance:

Not likely, on official Atari site they stated 'coming fall 2010' http://www.atari.com/news/167 ...and fall begins on September 22nd...;)

But that might not fit in with the plans, two days early would still be classed as "Fall" in my eyes. Sounds better than saying later summer.

Something makes me think the image is a template, that can be changed by the end user.....

For example when they post release date they will change the info on TDU2.com and the date will show up.

For example:

20 09 2010

That makes sense, something to keep an eye on and see if it changes as it's not actually on the main page is it?

That makes sense, something to keep an eye on and see if it changes as it's not actually on the main page is it?

Nope, its in the frame files...

From the users side they can show/hide and change these files so I'll keep checking each week and post here the min I find out. Although I'm sure the date will be found out before it's posted.

Atari are going to be happy with all the pre-orders coming, hopefully there's exclusives this time.

And hopefully diablo gets them :P

From the users side they can show/hide and change these files so I'll keep checking each week and post here the min I find out. Although I'm sure the date will be found out before it's posted.

Atari are going to be happy with all the pre-orders coming, hopefully there's exclusives this time.

And hopefully diablo gets them :P

He was my source for them last time ;)

Thought so, looks like they're keeping it hidden and will surprise us with it, which is obvious anyway. We should hopefully get more press releases, we just need to hope Diablo doesn't go out ten minutes before the E-mail arrives next time :nanananana:

I'll start saving my copper now, should have enough by the time it comes out :D

From the users side they can show/hide and change these files

It may be updated in future, as they've left it in the fla file but it doesn't play in the swf.

TBH I would have added that later but I guess they weren't anticipating people taking it apart. Ha, how they underestimate our addiction.

For you guys who wanted the images, and wanted to use them as sig's ect i'll taken it all apart and layed everything out...

Go to

to download.

Remeber to click "all sizes" to get them in great png format...

Ta Dah ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can you give us other photos?:twisted:

Not really, Forza has car damage and still have Ferrari, it depends how serious they make it, and after the success of the first game I can't see many car companies saying no to being in the sequel.

Ferrari has no car damage policy about them. I don't know how is it handled in Forza since I haven't played it, but I guess they agreed because the name is Italian, Forza = Force.

So I still think it will be a problem.

On the other hand, how much of in-game money will we have to spend on fixing the car? Can car be totaled? Will trade conditions depend on if the car was ever broken? Will car that has been broken deteriorate? Many questions rise up.

Sorry Woody, haven't seen the link. :(