We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anti-cheater Diner

Ryzza5

The Diner in TDU1 was a good concept, foiled by countless cheaters. Here's my proposal to fix that up in TDU2:

Have your public Diner that everyone can access, but also have private ones that you access from your clubhouse. Only club-house members can create and compete in these events. If anyone cheated in your clubhouse dnier, you would simply banish them from your clubhouse.

Some clubs are very small, so it would be ideal to let players join more than one club simultaneously (perhaps up to 5). This way a player could have a small club with their close friends, and also join a large club (such as a TDUC club).

You could also join car-owners-clubs, ie a Ferrari Owners Club, which would be full of people you don't necessarily know, but they would all be massive Ferrari fans (with Ferrari T-shirts) and you would go on Ferrari cruises and track days.

This post assumes that:

1. Clubs will be in TDU2

2. Clubs will work properly on PC this time.

I would bet anti-cheat protection will be heavily improved and constantly worked on in TDU2. What they should invoke is an automatic ban of the profile that was cheated on and log this along with the serial of the game. Then a 3 strikes and your out system whereby 3 bans on that game serial would mean that serial was completely banned meaning a new Disc/Download would be required in order to play.

If they are going to listen to their community this is definitely an aspect that needs heavily looked at.

Cheaters v Cheat Protection systems are a little bit like Pirates v Piracy protection systems, it's always a game of leapfrog where one is always finding new ways to outdo the other.

Sure, I expect better protection this time around as well, but I don't want such to block our modding community (at least the ability to change car bodies and environment textures), and If I somehow managed to beat everyone else in the TDUC club at a Diner challenge, I'd be able to post something along the lines of 'In your face' on the forums (j/k), rather than just having the hollow victory of beating complete strangers. :)

The thing is regarding modding and cheating, they do tend to go hand in hand with each other. Example changing the traffic type in your game and having a race with someone else, you could be crashing and causing obstacles for them whereas you think your avoiding the traffic at all costs.

Modding is a great but also horrible aspect to have as unfortunately you will always have those people who want to screw it up for everyone else. If the game has to be locked down to prevent this then does this decrease it's longevity or does it just make the time before you get bored and want something else much more enjoyable?

Like I said you can't have one without the other.

If it were up to me, games would come with a 1-2 year mod-proof lock. Those that still play after that time period can then start making mods.

TDU1 was great, there was plenty of time to enjoy the game as it was, before people started to work out how to mod stuff besides the weather. I must admit that I am a little concerned that our modders will find TDU2 too easy to mod, I just hope they refrain for a while.

Hopefully, the now 'community-friendly' devs at Eden wil be able to fulfill our requests anyway.

The mod-proof lock is something that has been mentioned before but then again look at us now, more than 3 years on and people old and new are flocking to TDU again, BUT finding certain mods are improving and yet at the same time spoiling the game. And this is even making people be more vocal in the condemnation of those who cheat.

Like I said modding can reignite a game but you can't expect it to always be on the good end of the spectrum. Perhaps they could have a mod lockdown and then after this period unlock for the freeroam but keep the lock for Races, Club and Diner challenges. This way those who only want to mod for their own fun rather than trying to get an advantage or spoil other peoples' fun will get the chance.

Hmm...

And this is even making people be more vocal in the condemnation of those who cheat.

Yeah - I saw that thread on the American forums too :)

How about this for an idea:

When you install TDU2 to E:\Games\TDU2, you have the following folder structure:

TDU2\Mods\

TDU2\Mods\Vehicules\

TDU2\Mods\Environment\

TDU2\Mods\Sounds\

You then place your cars, textures, engine sounds, etc, in this subfolder. When you start the game, you have your Continue Game option, as well as Hardcore Mode, Simulation mode, and... Mod Mode. Only when you select mod mode do your mods load, but the game restricts certain online actions. You can still cruise with friends, but that's about it.

I should actually rephrase that by saying "those who use the tools available, to cheat". And yeah I know some people even though they may go way over board, still have a point despite how they may put it across.

How about this for an idea:

Thing is that can cause trouble for Eden and Atari from other publishers, I mean if someone takes a NFS model from their own NFS game and puts it into TDU themselves then that was on that person to do so, however if Eden or Atari in a way allow this to happen I imagine it could spell possible issues. I'm only speculating but I think if something comes along that wasn't meant to compared to something that had space made for it then their could be some ramifications against it.

I think a poll could be interesting in the respect of a Mod Lockdown period to be honest, with after that time only mods in freeroam would be permitted.

+1 on the poll idea. Give options to choose how many months (1 to 24) should go past before we let mods in. Even if the feature isn't implemented, it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

Maybe if Tool converts some TDU cars into the NFS Shift format they won't be as concerned... and that's a lame joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not so much a club that you have to 'join', but a building that you can only gain access to if you are driving the correct vehicle (i.e. a Ferrari, or a Lotus, or whatever). Once in the building you can see a timetable for scheduled cruises, track days, rally stages, etc). The game is supposed to be more 'social' this time, so the idea would be pretty good instead of just looking at a filtered map screen.

If they could pull off mapping the social features of the game to their forum, that would be even better.