We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Screenshots Analysis and Suggestions

ScoobSTi

Hi all, basically what I'm doing in this thread is showing all the newly released screenshots of TDU2 and giving my opinions and suggestions on what should be improved or what the community wants. You can also post some if you like and I'll add it to the list.

screenshot09.jpg

- Smoke seems to surround the Viper as if it was drifting but there are no skidmarks to be found on the ground. This screenshot seems to have been visually modified also. Note the background is blurry and the wheels are not. If the Viper was stationary during the shoot, this would be a logical explanation. Also, the Viper badge on the trunk lights up.

screenshot01.jpg

- For those of you talking about wanting a proper Aston Martin, here you go! The license plate seems to just be TDU2 (but probably only for now).

screenshot10.jpg

- This screenshot looks heavily modified. Unless Atari modified the ability of the picture taker in the game, the blurs seem to be fake and not from the game. I might be wrong on this though. Also the lighting and reflections make it look very realistic.

screenshot07.jpg

- Here we see the 4th Viper picture (counting the very first ones from March). It's during nighttime and the headlights are turned on. Hopefully we can turn them on and off. Also the headlights actually shine against the ground. The part of the street in front of the car is actually brighter. Now we know the lights actually brighten the road, unlike TDU. Note the wheels being blurred.

screenshot04.jpg

- This is the interior of the DBS. The lighting as you can see drastically improved from TDU. Unless it was my computer's fault, the shadows in the cockpit were a bunch of squares when the lines were diagonal. Now the diagonal parts are smooth. The texture and stitching seems realistic, just like the magazines mentioned. Note, this might be the passenger cam of the DBS. This might not be correct, because there are other possible explanations, such as this being from the photomode, or this being from a console of some sort allowing the user to move the camera around only for pre-release pictures (this is a similar method for almost all new games).

screenshot08.jpg

- This is a Dodge Charger SRT-8. It is one of the cars that were newly previewed in a magazine posted with some scans on this forum too. As you can see, the headlights are on, which means we have control over them. The car is also airborne and dirt is flying everywhere behind it. And again, the car is in motion, but the wheels are not blurred. This might be repeated in TDU2 as it was in the first TDU. Note the headlights seem to be on, but the lights in the front bumper are not on.

screenshot02.jpg

- This is the exterior of a Gumpert Apollo and both doors are open. This might be a real ingame shot, or it might be the real model car with a rendered background. It might be in a garage of some sort, or maybe from the Trade menu. (In TDU, different cars appeared with different colors.)

calloutad_community.png

- Here is an Audi Q7. There has been a different name mentioned, but let's just say Q7. It's pretty small, but you can actually see it offroad. An also, another interesting detail. Mud. Mud is splattered all over the grill and the bumper.

calloutad_mailinglist.png

- Viper (again) with the door open. It's hard, but you can see the interior. It's resized so it's hard to see. Atari probably reused the TDU models or made it from scratch.

calloutad_whatistdu2.png

- Here is the Gumpert Apollo interior. At first I thought it was the 458 Italia, but to be sure I Google'd the images. I found out this is a Gumpert Apollo. It looks pretty accurate thanks to Google and hopefully all the other cars will be the same. Compared to the real life picture of the Apollo, the passenger side dashboard seems shiny, as if it was metal. This is wrong because in real life, that area is made of leather. Another explanation for this is that it was a different choice for the interior. Sorry, I made a mistake. The text in black is totally wrong. I noticed that the shine on the dashboard was actually the "3D bevel" of the image. It did not come from the car itself.

<Reference for depiction of above picture>

2006-gumpert-apollo-interior-1024x768.jpg

- I found a picture of an Apollo's interior with the same interior color and almost the same angle. Everything seems correct in the TDU2 picture.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

- Another pic of a DBS. Bad quality picture, but you can see smoke/dust flying from the back of the car. The car's headlights are on because in the front of the car, there's a brighter area.

TOP LEFT

- A lot of couches. This might be a clubhouse. Two levels, and a lot of rooms inside.

TOP RIGHT

- A really big house and an entrance to the outdoors with a big pool. Again, might be a clubhouse. We'll be able to walk around this beauty soon. :D

BOTTOM LEFT

- Seems to either be outdoors or have really clean windows. I doubt it's outside though. What if there's a storm? :confused:

BOTTOM RIGHT

- Modern place for your character. The layout of the the furniture is probably a sign of the customization.

- Green Lancia Delta Integrale. It's offroad, and it seems to be raining. This is probably back in Oahu. Headlights and foglights are turned on. Also the water splash looks a bit 2D.

TOP LEFT

- Garage picture. There's the Gumpert Apollo (again, but with one door open?), Audi TTS Roadster (the roof could've been taken down), an Aston Martin (DBS?), possibly a Ford GT, a Viper SRT 10, and I can't recognize that black car (sedan?). The TTS seems to have a custom color, like those you could get from TDU's deluxe paintshops. But, this might be an actual color the TTS is sold in. The older TTS picture, there was an orange and red iridescent coupe.

BOTTOM LEFT

- Another interior of an Apollo. Steering wheel colors are different from the real life picture, just like someone stated below.

RIGHT SIDE

- Ooh, we've got some cars in action. From left to right, we've got an AMV8 Vantage, a DBS, and a Viper SRT 10. It's nighttime, headlights are on, and someone noticed the "glow" in the DBS rear disk brakes. Not sure if they are actually glowing.

- We've got a girl character and there are some menus surrounding her, all showing progress of the game. Not much to notice though...except for the "99/61" glitch that someone else saw.

pic-2031.jpg

- A matte black Gumpert Apollo. The wheels are turned and you can see the avatar inside. He turns his head just like in TDU.

pic-344.jpg

- Image from GameProphets. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have this picture up here, but anyway, I think it's the eastern tip of Oahu, where the secret island is. It's also present in this picture, but it looks a bit different.

pic-352.jpg

- Another pic from GameProphets. This picture seems to be the south eastern part of Oahu. If you know where I'm talking about, it's along the big highway, kind of around the Volkswagen dealership. One thing that confuses me is that this image seems to have been used in the original TDU map. If you click here, look for the purple outline on the bottom right of the map. Once you've found it, look for the image on the top right of the purple square. Looks pretty much the same, right? Hmm. Conspiracy? Sorry, I'm not sure if this is a TDU2 pic, or if it's a TDU pic reused for TDU2.

pic-361.jpg

- Last pic from GameProphets. This is a picture of a highly detailed building on Oahu. This building looks awfully similar to the 3D building models some of you might've seen about a year or two ago. As we can see, it's actually being used. It's got a good quality and texture and also, the SUV in front of the building is the same as one of TDU's traffic model. Atari might've reused the model to save time probably.

<Community Wants>

- Working wipers

- Functioning lights

- Improved photomode

- Realistic physics

Anyway guys, that's it for now. I'm tired. Once new pics get released, I'll post them and analyze. :thumbsup:

You forgot an important detail on the Viper: the 3rd brakelight which is the logo on the back.

Also, the interiorscreenshot of the Apollo has no metal on the interior. What you are aiming at, is just a photoshop sort of buttongloss, look at the Viper and you see the same shape ;)

You forgot an important detail on the Viper: the 3rd brakelight which is the logo on the back.

Also, the interiorscreenshot of the Apollo has no metal on the interior. What you are aiming at, is just a photoshop sort of buttongloss, look at the Viper and you see the same shape ;)

Yeah I forgot about the Viper badge lighting up. Thanks for pointing it out. And about the interior of the Apollo, I noticed not all the colors matched, so it must've been a different interior.

and you forgot this:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7448/54195179.jpg

As you can see, it is daytime but the lights are on so that may mean that we can turn them on/off whenever we want :)

And theres dust coming from the road, awesome!

Oops, I forgot that and the other Apollo image. :rolleyes: Also when you mentioned the turning on/off of the headlights, I meant if we had total control, like turning it off at night. Some magazine said it automatically turned on at night.

I just noticed too that the seats in the Aston are not alligned, the driverseat seems to be back a bit more. Wasn't this the opposite in TDU1?

I noticed that too. I actually thought it was an angle of the interior. And as for the similar issue in TDU, I'm not sure. I don't really own any Aston.

Yeah I forgot about the Viper badge lighting up. Thanks for pointing it out. And about the interior of the Apollo, I noticed not all the colors matched, so it must've been a different interior.

Oops, I forgot that and the other Apollo image. :rolleyes: Also when you mentioned the turning on/off of the headlights, I meant if we had total control, like turning it off at night. Some magazine said it automatically turned on at night.

Maybe you have control over the light and they automatically turn on at night.

The first shot with the Viper appears to have darker pavement for possibly 1.5 feet before the right rear wheel. This means that it may not be completely shopped smoke after all, and combined with the SRT-8's wheels not being blurred, my guess would be that it isn't.

The interiors of the DBS has got a Clock in the middle at the bottom, is too realistic, I hope it will work.

The 4th pic of the viper, the building looks like real because they have got their own lights ( like real ones) more details, like plants, flowers, and other things.

The carbon fibre at the DBS is better and the lights has got reflection too.

General: More details and stuff int he city ( liek the DBS photo, with the telephone there and the umbrellas lol)

And the streets are not the same each one has got different color and contrast, ( Charger DBS and Viper photos)

I noticed that too. I actually thought it was an angle of the interior. And as for the similar issue in TDU, I'm not sure. I don't really own any Aston.

I was immediatly sure it's moved backwards, you can compare the overall widthlines of the interior, and then try to draw a parallel line on both of the safetybelt clips in the bottom of the picture, you'll see they aren't aligned.

In TDU1 it was general, in many cars the driver seat was far more forwards than the front passengerseat.

And I agree with Rodrighazzo, there's a clock, and now with a 24h cycle they better make it work :p

...And the streets are not the same each one has got different color and contrast, ( Charger DBS and Viper photos)

Yeah, it's probably because they have different road types, like paved roads and dirt roads.

I was immediatly sure it's moved backwards, you can compare the overall widthlines of the interior, and then try to draw a parallel line on both of the safetybelt clips in the bottom of the picture, you'll see they aren't aligned.

In TDU1 it was general, in many cars the driver seat was far more forwards than the front passengerseat.

And I agree with Rodrighazzo, there's a clock, and now with a 24h cycle they better make it work :p

I think the seats ere like that because of the character having to sit in a certain spot and they modelled the driver's seat closer to the front to prevent abnormalties with the camera. That's my opinion, but I'm not sure. Also about the clock, that's gonna take a lot of work if most of the cars have interior clocks.

Not screenshots but I found this:

TDU2 web background vs magazine

56530176.th.jpg

(The northwest coastline differs tremendously just above and up from the harbour bay town "Sant antoni de portmany", which is GONE).

It looks like the've redigned the Island,the island in the magazine looks like it a nicely animated map of ibiza made to look like it came from the actually game.Maybe this is how they got 2,000 miles of roads and back roads.Heres a picture of the actually island to compareibiza_map.jpg

The interior of the gumper apollo. Look the steering of the real one and the TDU2 one, the TDU2 one is in orange at the top and bottom, and from the real one isnt it.

Maybe will be this the trims?

I think your right,notice how theirs buttons on center consle,above the shifter and below the dials in the in-game one,while the picture of the real one doesn't.

There's another glitch in that characterpicture which I pointed at. At the left it says he/she has 60 houses and at the right it's 61. Also I believe the TTS is a TTRS Roadster.

And I believe that the DBS-daytime shot shows the rearlights light up when the frontlights are on. I think it's not the brakelights cuz it would have been much brighter and the third brakelight is not on. You can also instead compare that picture with the first DBS picture that is also on TDU2.com, you can clearly see the upper halves of the taillights are on, whereas on the scanned picture the lower halves are on.

I just mention it because it's a nice detail.

Well, people love to analyse stuff, find small details. Screenshots down to a tenth of a pixel, and clips down to the last frame.

And you should have seen how ballistic GTAForums.com went when they found out the fingerless gloves of Niko weren't in the final version xD

I'd also say that the Audi in the garage pic is a TTRS, not a TTS

And the black car looks like a charger to me...but now I'm wondering whats the point of this thread?

*insert a picture of drifting car here*

"Here's a car. It's drifting. There's smoke."

Hah, that seems true but CLR-GTR pretty much explained it. :3

Well, people love to analyse stuff, find small details. Screenshots down to a tenth of a pixel, and clips down to the last frame.

And you should have seen how ballistic GTAForums.com went when they found out the fingerless gloves of Niko weren't in the final version xD

Wow lol. :confused: