We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fantastic Tilt Shifting

Penfold

[TUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

A fantastic video made up of over 35,000 shots all processed using tilt shifting

I'm going to assume its taking a whole bunch of pictures and putting them together so it looks like the subject of those pictures is moving.

That's stop-start animation.

Tilt shift is a photographic technique by tilting the lens to change the camera's focus. It is used to make real life look like miniatures/models. Used it once at work when creating an advertisement, pretty nifty stuff.

Amzing video. Saw one of these a while back, but these one's even better. :)

That's stop-start animation.

Stop-motion, you mean? Or maybe that's just its American name.

Tilt shift is a photographic technique by tilting the lens to change the camera's focus. It is used to make real life look like miniatures/models. Used it once at work when creating an advertisement, pretty nifty stuff.

Cool. I'll have to learn how to do that. Is it always a camera effect or can it be done solely in post-production?

-Leadfoot

Stop-motion, you mean? Or maybe that's just its American name.

Stop motion is the correct term for it, yeah.

Cool. I'll have to learn how to do that. Is it always a camera effect or can it be done solely in post-production?

We did it all digitally in post-production for cost reasons. The easiest way to do it is to blur the top and bottom of the image so it is only the object in focus. I only know the theory from watching a bunch of camera geeks do it, but I'm sure there are guides around the interwebs for it.

We did it all digitally in post-production for cost reasons. The easiest way to do it is to blur the top and bottom of the image so it is only the object in focus. I only know the theory from watching a bunch of camera geeks do it, but I'm sure there are guides around the interwebs for it.

Thanks. :)

-Leadfoot