We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

I love brighter roads, dark looks fine, but on highway sometimes it's very hard to see dark cars in front on high speeds and contrast between sky and road is too high. Can you please make two versions, one like you said - main roads new tarmac, single roads - old one, and 2nd version both old tarmac (bright one)? That would be great alternative to choose! good luck mate!

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... 2 versions? Truth is, I still don't know all functions of Djey's installer, and I'm affraid I don't know how to make a script for optional mods (in this case, to choose between two different versions of road texture). So at the moment, it's not possible. Maybe in later versions... ;)

But don't worry, I've saw that you want those brighter ones (I kinda like them more then other type), so I'll release them first... just for you. :p

I'll do my best to finish everything by tonight, cause I'm going on a lil holiday early in the morning. I'll be back by the end of the weekend though... so if I fail to release it... hold on a bit. ^^

Cya and thanks for the comment(s). ;)

Those roads were a lil bit rushed, I didn't even had the time to update first post with download links. ^^ Nevermind though, I've just finished totally new road textures, and they will be released in a few mins as part of IP v0.8.7.

w8q4k8.jpg

bhm52g.jpg

6xxj40.jpg

Double yellow line is removed from most of single roads across the island. They are left intact on other road types, don't worry.

@Eminem66

You know how to use autoinstaller, right? :p

@teamdox

Yes. It have autoinstaller, like I told milion times already. And no, it don't look better than 2D Nature - v5 , cause IP and 2D Nature are different kind of mods. How different? Well, you'll find by yourself soon enough. :D

I just got this enviroment mod and auto installed it hoping for only the enviroment change(Trees, grass, etc.) but I got a billboard and carbon log in screen with it aswell(Which I didn't want) so I uninstalled it but the carbon screen was still there. so could you please in the next version make options for the auto installer so people can get what they want(And dont get what they dont want)

You got billboards, IP login screen and LED traffic lights, to be more exact. :p

Like I said few post back, I don't know how to make a script for optional mods... yet. But, don't get your hopes up, cause they are part of it now, just like new tree textures are.

I've forgot to make uninstaller script for it, so that's why IP LogIn is still there, sorry for that. ;)

Hey illusion, i love your mods, i think i have used all of them, but one small thing, is it normal to see the default tdu palm textures from blurrerd out from far away, and then get the new palm textures "pop in" when you get close? Since the textures are different (and way better), maybe its just me?

Right now, it's normal cause I didn't edited those textures at all. There's just too many of them (each tree got their own distance texture with 16 views for each and every of them, and that equals to a gazilion low quality textures). Since I don't have final looks of IP yet, it's pointless to jump in battle with it at the moment.

As soon as I finish major work, I'll try to finish that too. Unfortunately, I can't give you a date for completion, so you'll just have to wait for some time, sorry. ;)

Right now, it's normal cause I didn't edited those textures at all. There's just too many of them (each tree got their own distance texture with 16 views for each and every of them, and that equals to a gazilion low quality textures). Since I don't have final looks of IP yet, it's pointless to jump in battle with it at the moment.

As soon as I finish major work, I'll try to finish that too. Unfortunately, I can't give you a date for completion, so you'll just have to wait for some time, sorry. ;)

Dont worry, i just wanted to know if it was only me, but i dosent matter then. The new road textures are very good, and the overall atmosphere of the new textures is very nice! Best environment mod! And your led traffic lights are incredible to!!! :thumbsup:

And it's just getting better and better! Road patches are nearly completed. And I've extracted & converted around 70 textures from CoD4, so they are ready for use in TDU. Couple of them are already in heavy use. :D I gotta mention, those new palm trees looks yummy! So as couple of new tree textures! Screenshots will be posted probably tommorow, so be sure to check them out. ;)

One more screen of new road texture.

o7q5au.jpg

@HierOS

Like I already said few posts back...

Single track roads will have that worn out feeling, while the roads with more tracks will have fresh layered tarmac.

Think about it, when you're driving on roads in your country (or any other for that matter) you don't drive on perfect roads, nor do you drive on old bumpy roads all the time. While it's impossible to re-create it 100% realistically, I've tried to make something different and less boring.