We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

E3: Vote TDU2 into the Top Ten and Live Presentation

drivefast

Nope.

There's a caravan, as said it adds to the rumor of starting poor in a caravan.

There's a weather forecast.

There's only authentic customization for vehicles, they wanted to keep authenticity.

Offroad/onroad is roughly 33%/66%.

I believe they also mentioned about tv-series and you switching between islands... I almost thought of a reallife soap series xD

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

There's only authentic customization for vehicles, they wanted to keep authenticity.

I believe they also mentioned about tv-series and you switching between islands... I almost thought of a reallife soap series xD

yeah i think he mentioned something about being part of some show where you are put up against other competitors. deathrace time :lol:

I think the Interactive TV can be used for several things related to clubs and news.

Ahh all pretty much the same as TDU 1 just updated. no realexclusive new news.

I suppose on a bright side we've got the next couple of months to go, there's gota be a lot of news in these months. something to look forward too.... :oook:

i wonder how they will define "authentic" tuning options? does that mean Ruf returns instead of Porsche? will our Vipers be tuned by Hennesy? will we have a choice between a Saleen Mustang or a Roush?

too many questions with absolutely no concrete answers. i hate when they do that.

What's going on is that this was a live-streamed interview which gave us virtually no news apart from the few points mentioned a few posts ago. No presentation, just a guy from gamespot at a desk talking to a sort of Kane-likely guy working for Atari.

There was no ingame footage, no new footage, no hints towards any car we don't know yet. They only had the E3 trailer playing in between the questions. The questions asked by people were questions we already know the answer of for quite a while now. This is what I posted a few posts ago, I believe this basically covers all the news.

I tried to record it, to put it on youtube, but somehow sound did not get recorded so it's useless.

Where did you hear that? I only heared a stupid question about minivans being in, and the answer was no... In addition, why would they have to pay some more expensive licenses for vehicles the player can't use, and therefor are useless?

Could you show the source who said that?

It would be cool to have some traffic which is real. But I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't in.

But in the new NFS HP there is traffic, like the Porsche Cayenne and Audi A4.

And the new Driver has traffic like the Alfa MiTo and 159TI.

So it is possible ;-)

edit: your link doesnt work my friend.

This was just a bad presentation and shame on Atari. If they are not able to show ingame footage. NFS HP 2 which will released later had a live presentation of ingame contents.

This reminds on the old Atari Times. And if this will going on there is no trust in their statements.

There should be a beta soon so this has to be there, diablo and fabien played it and Atari is not able to show it. :confused:

They have money to show off a ugly McLaren SLR and put a Camaro on a roof but not to show ingame footage.

I think too, that mentioning with the caravan was drawn to the housing we saw in the artworks.

@Eathan Hunt

Where we did said, that will there be a VW Touran as traffic car? And your link goes to nowhere.

So does anyone have any thoughts on why they didn't release any more new info ?

Time? (They want to save stuff, as they've said.) Money? (Gaming sites pay them for exclusive rights to pictures and trailers, so they want to sell the most exclusive stuff.) Lack of support? (We didn't even know TDU2 would be "featured"* until Diablo went to Eden.) The list goes on for a while.

-Leadfoot

*I put "featured" in quotes because there was no gameplay station (otherwise we'd have gameplay footage), and, presumably, just a booth with the trailer replaying over and over.

So does anyone have any thoughts on why they didn't release any more new info ?

Man I don't really get it myself. E3 is supposed to be a place to show stuff off. All the other interviews had ingame footage so I was, like most of you, expecting the same thing.

And OMG all the useless questions LOL, "will there be minivans?". You got to be kinding me :lol:

i dont know if these things have been said before but this article had a couple of new items.

http://www.bingegamer.net/2010/e3-2010-test-drive-unlimited-2-hands-on/

here's the important snippet. this is the first confirmation i have heard about engine mods. of course this likely just means the stage setup again. also talks of how the game starts

To start things off, the game will drop you into the dealership in a first-person perspective. Other players can view your avatar and you can interact with other players as they browse the show room looking for the perfect ride, or at least one they can afford.

You can choose from several real-life models of cars. Most of the cars will be customizable with everything from rims, paint, interior, and engine modifications.