We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bouncy american rubbish.

----

I have no idea why, but i just love those massive, terrible to drive, badly made american cars from before 1980. Stuff like the 1975 Dodge monaco and the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere and even the 1970 Chrysler Town and country. So tell me, am I barking mad or are there other people out there who seem to be oddly attracted to these cars?

I like almost all American cars, but especially ones like those you mentioned. Cars from the 50's are just enormous, with huge V8s that sound just lovely³, I have an uncle that restores them. :D From the 60's to the 80's came the boxy era and I love boxy cars. xD The fact they kept the nice rumbly V8s so that they sound good didn't hurt either. :cheeky:

I personally love the big land yachts from the 50's and 60's the fins, the massive V8's, mechanical pieces of art,

when they used to measure how big the truck is in cases of beer and not just one or two like the trucks in these new vehicles

gotta love em

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I wish they'd put that kind of work and craftsmanship into todays cars

They're heavy, they rust, economically challenged people of today drive them...

I'm just gunna leave that one alone don't want to start an war here

I have nothing with those barges or most American cars (I do like musclecars a bit though) but when I see one that looks completely redone I do turn my head and think: ''that guy did a good job making it look like new''.

But it's not as interesting for me as modern cars, I just like modern, mainly European cars more than most other cars.