We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your Camera!

Jazzi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not sure whether I'm being annoying bumping this thread but I wanted to post my camera anyway.

Canon EOS 550D avec:

- EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

- Sandisk Extreme Class 6 8GB SDHC card

- Extra battery

- Extra crap class 6 8GB SDHC card

Plans (order of importance):

- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

- Filter of some sort

- Either Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 or Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM

You can blame facebook + phone quality for the poor picutures :lol:

163769_188326511186245_100000266937935_638798_7260916_n.jpg

180508_188326464519583_100000266937935_638797_3638785_n.jpg

Continue this thread if someone hasn't posted theirs yet ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

At the moment, I have a point-and-shoot. This camera has been throughout a lot with me, including a dunk in the sea and a fall of 100ft. I bought it for only £60 from Argos. So, it's seen me out well, so far. It is a.....

Fujifilm Finepix JX530

IN13771.jpg

This camera was bought by my wife for me last Christmas, and within 2 months, I had accidently dropped it from a high-rise building. It still worked, which amazed me. Then, when I was on holiday, it got a huge wave soak it. But, it still worked! I'm hoping to buy myself a new DSLR soon, like this one:

Panasonic Lumix G1

41Hcehe8OAL.jpg

If anyone knows any good DSLRs, please PM me, thanks :)

Wow, I actually thought that the leica and Pentax was yours for a second Icy haha :P

Scaniabebe, what's your rough budget?? The lumix is meant to be awesome :) Also, for that price range look at the Canon Powershot or Nikon Coolpix Range. They are excellent. I just used a Canon Powershot SX30IS today and I loved the quality and ammmmaaazzzziiinnnnggg zoom!

Wow, I actually thought that the leica and Pentax was yours for a second Icy haha :P

Scaniabebe, what's your rough budget?? The lumix is meant to be awesome :) Also, for that price range look at the Canon Powershot or Nikon Coolpix Range. They are excellent. I just used a Canon Powershot SX30IS today and I loved the quality and ammmmaaazzzziiinnnnggg zoom!

LOL, they belong to my friend's dad, who also has a 1D4, Nikon D3s and D3x and lots of those old lenses...

IMO if you're seriously thinking about photography then screw the bridge camera and go straight to an entry level DSLR if you don't know much about it. I learned most of my stuff when I was using my G11 but got my 7D less than a year later because I have a habit of doing stuff like that :P

Lewl. The last camera I posted is my FZ38, still love that camera because of its video capabilities though. I think I got my camera with 18-55 kit lens for £410 from London Camera Exhange, depends what sort of features you want though really.

Canon EOS 500D:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/P1020867.jpg

Plus a Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/004.jpg

Plus a Nifty Fifty:

6238769428_c82a79403e_o.jpg

Nifty Fifty by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr

Also have a Hoya UV filter as well which is currently attached to the 55-250mm lens.

Just need a decent camera bag to carry it all around in now.

Scania, have a look on ebay for DSLR cameras. It sounds dodgy I know but it is actually very efficient , safe and you save a great deal of $$$ I just went on Ebay UK and you can get the 550D (Look at Tom722's camera in this thread) for roughly 420 pounds with the kit lens. Or you could get like GTA's 500D which will be a little bit less. There of course is always Nikon, Sony and Pentax to look at too!

I got my 600D off Ebay and I saved roughly $600 from buying it in a store and it took 2 business days to come from Hong Kong to regional southern Aus so I was very impressed.

Just a suggestion but since you have a pretty good budget, you can get a nice entry level DSLR easily :)

• 2 weeks later...