We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Has anyone downloaded/baought from Atari's site lately?

DenDanger

this site.

I can't seem to buy from it. I tried to preorder TDU2 and thinking maybe it wasn't set up yet tried the old TDU so I don't need to use my disc.

No luck though.

Here's what happens. I do the 'forms' and when I get to the section for my order info there are no 'boxes' for my address, name etc. Everything else if there except the 'boxes'

I tried this on Mozilla. I also tried it with Google Chrome and Internet explorer and the only difference is the 'boxes' show up just for a 'blip' of a second as the page loads and than disappear.

Anyone else order there? Did it work?

Any ideas on what caused this?

I have the megacarpack and assume I ordered it there but that was months ago so....what happened??:lol:

Had the same issue here. To get around it in firefox i had to go to the "View" menu and select "Page Style" then switch that to "No Style". Then somewhere along the line I had to switch it back to "Basic Page Style" to continue the process.

I think i remember the site being borked in both IE and FF, so probably some web admin over there needs a slap.

That worked. Thanks!!

Now I ordered TDU also and got the confirmation but the email ends with:

"If you ordered a downloadable product please see download instructions below."

Except that's where the email ends!!!!! Any idea where the download IS? I been looking at their site but nothing comes to mind.

You should have got a second reply email from [email protected] with an atari online order confirmation title. The download link and product key info will be in that second email message.

Why they couldn't just send it in one email... I have no idea.

When I ordered the megapack I ended up with the first email the same as you describe and the other stuff came in a second email.

I ordered TDU also. I have the activation key. I just don't have a download link. It has the comfirmation also, it just ends at:

"If you ordered a downloadable product please see download instructions below."

and there's nothing else. I tried to do a support ticket but it just goes around and back to the support page.

This WAS the second email, the full last paragraph was:

"If you ordered a physical product, we will send you a separate shipment notification via email as soon as your order has shipped. If you ordered a downloadable product please see download instructions below."

Hmm well on one of the emails I have there is a link that says "start download". It is underneath the boxes in the email that state your orders dollar amount total.

Both emails are practically identical with the exception of the little bit of start download text. If you have two email messages from them one of them should have it. Atleast going from what I am looking at here.

I tried Atari. I also tried Digital River but got an email back saying they don't do support.

How far apart were those two emails? I only have one after all but still, all the info was there including the download info below message, just no link or anything else. maybe there'll be another tomorrow.(?)

I don't remember when I got the carpack having a PITA like this.

I'll take another look but so far no luck. I saw on their forum a guy had the same problem with a megacarpack download and also can't get the support due to it coming back to the original page.

Was that person's screen name moparftw? If so, that was me ;). I tried getting the megapack not long ago. I made several attempts throughout April and May of this year, and I bought it about four weeks ago from Metaboli. I made a thread showing Digitalriver's terrible customer service here. They do not help at all. And Atari does not have any customer service at all. All of you guys are better off getting Atari products from other websites, like Metaboli, Gamestop, or Amazon.

Well, I emailed a couple spots there for both (Atari and the other) and seem to be getting pretty much ignored. Guess I'll have to eat the $20 and order it elsewhere next month. (Broke until than). I guess this doesn't speak highly for me getting the preordered copy of TDU2 I paid for when it comes out. Oh well.........