We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A Photo A Day Experiment

Loz

It's been a while since i posted in this section... Here goes.

While taking some photo's of the garden earlier, i had an idea. The idea to take a photo every day for 365 days, hoping to hone my skills and a quasi average photographer.

I hope to keep to this, problem is. My memory is a bit odd, so it would be fantastic if you, the community would keep me posted and remind me that i said the stuff about the 365 days ect... :P

Hopfully, i will post all my photo's to my Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/loz-shots/) but i hope to maybe get a website up and running in the future, i just need help with it ect.

I will also try to keep updating my Twitter account with a link to every photo (http://twitter.com/Serious_Physics). I would love you forever if you followed it ;). What will be posted is a link to the Flickr photo for easy browsing and so forth. Something that i may do here is have a weekly update, with all the photo's of that week.

I know i guess this doesn't sound hard to do, but for me it's a big thing since i never really commit to anything. Plus i want to get better at taking photo's.

Anyway, i think i have explained enough, now lets get the first photo out of the way...

Photo 1 of 365 - August 3rd 2010

Aug_2nd_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger Size^

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I like that shot.

I was going to reply to this last night but I was inebriated by the time I saw it so I passed. I think it's a really good idea and I wish you the best of luck with it. I personally know I wouldn't be able to keep it up but I trust you have more determination than me.

I'll add you on Flickr as well so I can keep track of the gallery you've made on there.

Photo 3 of 365

Aug_5th_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger^

I went to Plymouth today and got a new Lens (80-200mm F2.8). On the way home i stopped at Saltash to get some photo's. There happened to be a baot race on :)

The French were in last from what i saw :p

Photo 4 of 365

Aug_6th_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger^

A bit of a porr photo today, it kinda reflects the poor weather. Also, the room is Yellow and reflets alot of whatever light there is. The material i also used for the backdrop is poor at best, but it's the only true white thing i could find.

Photo 5 of 365

Aug_7th_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger^

I had to suffer for todays photo. I went out on an hour long cruise from Padstow. I managed to get quite a few photo's from in and around Padstow, but decided that this one will be todays upload.

I also found out today that i get seasick, though having some Chips and an Ice Cream probally didn't help.

Those bird are Cormorants, mainly young ones which haven't got their black feathers yet.

Nice to see you are still remembering. ;)

Only thing I don't like is the fact the photo seems overexposed again, especially the sky. Maybe something to sort out in PS? But seriously, just dim down the brightness or the curves, it really needs to be done as these shots would look a lot better if you edited them imo.

Photo 6 of 365

Aug_8th_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger^

RAF Davidstow Moor, something that isn't far from where i live.

I assume that this is an old Control Tower that was used in WWII. It's now inhabited by lots of Sheep.

Today was actually quite a lucky day, as when i got up there, there was some flying lessons happening, i managed to get some quick snaps, but a 80-200mm F2.8 Lens is a bit tricky to get out for quick snaps. When the plane parked though, i managed to get some shots, which i'll upload here probally tomorrow.

There is a possibility of me having Flying Lessons in the near future.

Photo 8 of 365

Aug_10th_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger^

Taken at port Craverne in Cornwall.

Went out to try get some photo's of the coast not long ago. Sadly, most of the photo i got either had a heavy amount of sea mist or glare. If i had a filter 70mm filter for my newest lens, i would have got a better one of some cliffs and Cornwalls coastline.

I also had to photoshop this picture slightly. For some inexplicable reason, whenever i get a photo to resize, it allways has stuff on the lens, yet when i check the lens, there is nothing there.

If anyone here ever holidays to England, or more specifically, Cornwall. Go to the coast, it's a beautiful place, especially on an evening like today.

:)

Photo 9 of 365

Aug_11th_2010.jpg

^Click for Larger^

Little Pug Dolly, my Mums probally 9 month old Pure breed Pug. In the background is Lola, a Jack Russel Terrier.

Not been able to go out today for a photo, no travel options. Had to make do whith what i have indoors.

I have a slight predicament today. Apparently, tonight there is a meteor shower, which is something i would love to get some photo's of. So i could either take a quick photo now, or take a photo of the meteor's tonight/this morning. If i'm lucky, i'll be able to get a photo of the meteors tonight and stay true to my Photo A Day promise. But if i don't get one before the day is out, any hopful meteor photo's will be uploaded tomorrow along with another photo if todays one is missed.

Any suggestions on what i should do?

[rant]

Take one tonight. You can always upload the meteor shower one tomorrow, that is if you manage to take it. You said you would keep to your rules of taking a shot every day and already you are talking about missing a day out. Sure you could take one of the meteor "tomorrow morning" which is anything after 12 but then you would have broken your promise.

The thing with these type of things is you have to stay loyal to what you said you would do and not break it but that's just my opinion.

[/rant]