We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Where to buy custom built PC

Bezrider

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help I’m looking for somewhere on the internet to buy a custom built pc in the UK the sites I have looked at are

YO YO TEC

Cyber Power PC UK

Computerplanet

I know there are many sites but if someone could recommend one perhaps they have dealt with or someone they know has used one with good results so I can check them out

Thank's :confused:

To be honest i cant really help here as i build them all myself as thats what i know to do and to be as a job...

I have had no dealings with these internet custom built computer websites but my only guess is that they labour of building it will not be cheap so then the price would be alot more expensive.

shhhhh hold up...

Wait...

Wait...

No! Wait for it..

Alienware! XD

no No NO NO!!!

Do NOT touch alienwares, they are overpriced pieces of... well you know.

Mate, this time 6 months ago I didn't know what anything inside the actual computer did, and its quite easy to pick up. If you do want to build your own PC you'll get so much more out of it than if you bought it pre customised, and it'll be alot more powerfull. I'm sure most of the guys on here that have built their own PC's will even help you out if you get confused! Building your own PC is deffinetly the best way to get the most out of it for the least amount of money, you might even have money left over from your budget :)

It's pretty simple and straight forward building your own computer. And with that budget, you could get pretty much whatever you want. I'll put my suggestions/recommendations forward tomorrow if you want.

That would be very helpful I am looking at an i7 system with an NVIDIA card

Thanks’:excited:

I believe Mistermojo got his from these people and it didnt cope too well... They had it back for well over a month just for a faulty hard drive!!

Mesh computers are indeed very good, bear in mind the Hard Drive I got with my PC was some budget piece of rubbish which you probably won't get with the newer Mesh models (got mine a couple of years ago).

Basically the HDD went after a few months and it took them a while to sort it out, mainly thanks to the poor customer support, basically the bloke on the other end of the phone didn't have a clue what he was on about, so don't let that reflect on the company.

I'd recommend Mesh, but as other people have said building your own PC would be a tad cheaper...but with your budget, does that really matter? :lol:

Here's my suggestion as promised. :p It's a little over £1200 at £1220 but shopping around at other websites for the same components will save you a bit of money if you were to use this build.

Motherbaord - Asus P6T

CPU - Intel i7 930 2.8GHz

CPU Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme (Very good for the price, I used one in a recent build)

RAM - 3x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600

Case - CoolerMaster HAF 932

Graphics Card - 2x Gigabyte GTX460 1GB

Storage HDD - Samsung F1 1TB

Operating System SSD - Kingston V 64GB

PSU - OCZ GamesXtreme 850W

DVD Drive - Samsung TS

After a quick look, that's what I'd build.

I haven't included a Monitor or OS as it looks like you already have them. Same goes for speaker card and maybe the HDD. Although a 1TB is included in the above list.

The GTX460 1GB is a fantastic card for the price and 2 of them in SLI beat a single GTX 480. Will have o problem playing all of the latest game on maximum settings at a high res. My single GTX 460 1GB can max Crysis Warhead easily.

Hope I've been helpful. :p

Thanks’ for a very informative list I will check them out later but still don’t know if I would have the confidence to put it all together my self but you have definitely got me thinking

P.S I have been quoted £1244 for this fully built

1 x Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)

1 x Internal Card Reader 50-in-1

1 x Samsung (SH-D162D) 16x DVD-ROM Black (IDE)

1 x Windows Backup

1 x Built & Tested CP

1 x OCZ 700W Stealth XStream - Low Noise

1 x 1 Port Firewire IEEE 1394 (Built In)

1 x Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) XMS3 1600MHz - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)

1 x Motherboard Integrated 7.1 Sound

1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 - 1280 MB - 2xDVI/VGA (Asus) (Includes Just Cause 2 Free)

1 x Corsair Hydro Series H50 V2 (Advanced Liquid Cooling) - BEST SELLER

1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

1 x Asus P6X58D-E/USB3 (Intel X58)

1 x Intel Core i7 930 (4 x 2.8GHz) 8 MB

1 x 6 x USB 2.0 Ports & 2 x USB 3.0 Ports

1 x Free WebCam - Headphones & Microphone

1 x Professional Standard

1 x 1 TB (1000 GB) SATA-III Western Digital (WD1002FAEX) - 64 MB - Caviar Black

1 x Coolermaster HAF X

1 x Standard (5-9 Working Days)

1 x UK Mainland

1 x Standard - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM

1 x E-Mail/MSN/Live Help Support

1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks For the help

just like to say thanks’ for the help and info after lots of looking around have now ordered a new custom built pc from http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/ can’t wait :excited:(specs below if anyone interested )

Liquid i7

CAS: Coolermaster HAF-X Full Tower Gaming Case W/ Side-panel Window 1x230mm Red LED Fan, 1x200mm Fans, 2xFront USB 3.0 Port

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE

FAN: Asetek LCLC 240 Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MBCache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)

MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable™3 Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Dobly Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2 x SATA-III RAID, & 1 PCI

MEMORY: 6GB (3x2GB) PC16000 DDR3/1800mhz Triple Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaw GBRH Series w/Heat Spreader)

NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD

OVERCLOCK: XXX Overclocking (CPU Extreme overclock: guaranteed min. 20%, max. 30%.)

OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: 1000 Watts Power Supplies (Cyberpower 1000watt Gaming Power Supply SLI/CrossFire Ready)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

VIDEO1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 2GB 16X PCI Express

VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 2GB 16X PCI Express

[ATTACH]13751[/ATTACH] :thumbsup: