We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cannot start TDUPE

specops

Well untill now i had no problems, i just did a fresh install and downloaded the latest version of TDUPE , configured for the path and not it gives me "Invalid file for the security of the game TDUPE will now close". Before i had an invalid data base error, i fixed the path and after TDUPE will only give that error and will not start. I used an unpatched version of the game before, never had this problem ever. I dont know whats wrong with it.. and i cant used TDU either because i just installed an modded car and it crashes as usual untill i change the cars name. So im stuck. Before i just reinstalled it for same reason, i copied in to the game my backup vehicles/fx/vehicles sounds directory and the game ran fine. After reinstalled Tools e500 amg the game crashed and wanted to use TDUPE for the name fix, i had 2.5 but crashed. Installed 2.75 and 1,0 same error, what wrong? Any advice would be good as this program ran well before.

• 3 years later...

The problem could be your game language locality. Go to settings > Locality and set the locality you want.

The other problem could be that TDUPE wasn't set in the right installation directory. Go to settings > Installation Directory. Then set "Test Drive Unlimited" folder in your C:/ or other letter hard disk. Hope I helped you

EDIT: specops if you come back here, your problem should be that you don't have the MagicMap. It allows every mods and it's the most important thing to install before patches and mods.

reinstall the game, don't modify the names anymore, and : use *a different "magic map" (the "Bnk1.map" file)*, try Magic Map v1.1, or try a different one

download the game from another source you did first time, or maybe a Windows reinstalling will fix this problem

--- Post Updated ---

[/color]or : use TDU Modding Tools 1.16, it has Physics also (but this works *only if you have the tdu megapack installed*), MAYBE installing the TDU MegaPack will solve the TDUPE Problem also