We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - Ferrari 275 GTB sound

Doctor G.

There is no 275 GTB in TDU, but I wanted to have the V12 sound from that movie badly... The result, after much efforts, is a bit disapointing.

First, it's impossible to make good low and middle rpm loops and second it's a dream to make it sound as big as in the film, I blame the mono format, among other things.

But it's still a nice sound in itself, hope you like it (uses the F250 GTO slot, her big sister, which has a V12 too...).

One last thing : I couldn't find anywhere a good 275 GTB idle sound, so I used one from a F250 GTO instead.

Source :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COyab3YQS48

TDU sound (low rpm is a bit different in the release) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bm3RYArJ8k

Download :

Ferrari 275 GTB TDU sound by Doctor G (fixed).zip

Enjoy and thanks for your comments.

Doctor, this is exactly what I was hoping someone would attempt after I first viewed the short film.

Thanx! a Million!!

Thanks you too man I'm still working on it, it's hard to make it sound close to the original.

Dear Dr. I got to be fair. This is a good sound for the 275 GTB. Not for the 250 GTO.

The reason is simple. The 250 GTO has a smaller engine and therefore a higher sound.

Thanks for this, I wasn't too sure but well, now I must do that sound lol... It's still the better car in TDU to use with it I guess. We'll use the bumper view and let the imagination do the rest...

EDIT : LINK AND THREAD TITLE UPDATED OCT. 4, FINAL RELEASE UPLOADED

Thanks. I worked hard on that one but only the high speed sounds really correct finally, it's a good example for showing how it is impossible to have a 100% good sound mod from a source that isn't appropriated (in that case : lack of low and middle speed).

I've just changed the low rpm sample and fixed the offmid/offlow transition (new download link). It doesn't sound as realistic and cool than the previous one but at least it's stable and isn't that painful to listen at constant speed...

"c'était un rendez vous" is a so epic clip, thanks a lot for making a such great sound from this short movie ;)

The first time I saw that video it was labeled as a Ferrari 250 GTO and called "Getaway in Paris".

Too bad it's not really a Ferrari making the run....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E65UhuGxAg8&feature=related

The original camera car was a Mercedes 450, The audio was redubbed later, you can tell by the tire squeals while the car is going straight (just before the right turn at the Obelisk).

• 1 month later...