We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eden getting Hardcore again with TDU2

Eudemon

I know I'm double posting, but seriously, can those guys involved in tuning the HC mode at least keep us posted on how it's going? In my view, that's the core of the game, if handling/physics suck, I won't play the game, simple as that. It's not enough to have some desirable cars just visually, and the sims aspect is definitely not doing anything for me.

If you can't mention specifics, then reveal general progress or something...anything...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm double posting, but seriously, can those guys involved in tuning the HC mode at least keep us posted on how it's going? In my view, that's the core of the game, if handling/physics suck, I won't play the game, simple as that. It's not enough to have some desirable cars just visually, and the sims aspect is definitely not doing anything for me.

If you can't mention specifics, then reveal general progress or something...anything...

You're asking people to break the NDA? One of the reasons for NDAs is that early glimses of a game aren't usually representative of the final game, especially in areas like handling/physics, so they would only serve to mislead.

You're asking people to break the NDA? One of the reasons for NDAs is that early glimses of a game aren't usually representative of the final game, especially in areas like handling/physics, so they would only serve to mislead.

Early glimses of a game? TDU2 is finished already, GMDestra has the release version already at home. Release = done = no beta = no work in progress = final = release. So they can easily say something on what they have experienced imo. The entire beta-part of the forum of TDU2.fr is also freely accessible which basically is also a breach of NDA since it's open to public, and I bet we weren't even supposed to know about H-Mode returning in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

FOUND THIS ON FACEBOOK its on the lotus evora close up comments

#Test Drive Unlimited 2 ‎@Kasha: TDU2 has a hardcore mode. There are 3 handling settings in the game: Sport, Full Assistance, and Hardcore. G25/G27/Driving Force GT racing wheels are supported as well.

and

TDU2 has Automatic Transmission mode, Sequential Shifter mode, and Clutch/H-Shifter modes. You'll need to correct hardware to use these modes though.

For what I know, the french HC team is actually very active communicating in their secret thread since the last big playtest. I would say this is good odd for the day-one patch theory about the more-sim handling (that I've still never heard of). I would tell you what we had in beta but NDA from Atari may still be active...

The NDA is still active you are right and I have also noticed the flurry of activity in the Hardcore Team at tdu2.fr. Which is ideal as Fabien and the others can communicate in native French and also even some may be able to goto Eden's studios themselves and give direct feedback.

You not in the Hardcore Team Dread?