We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC Patch & Updates Info

Eudemon

*yo all :)

Been a looooooooooong time I've been posting news about the binned game :( that I hope will be very soon out of the bin !!

First of all, I've been testing and even playing the last PC V27B11, and there have been good tires' physics improvement, in a good result to driving being less erratic in spotive conditions. No effort though about the FFB itself or the material support... The patch is quite small but from a dev I met ingame, there have been a lot of time and amount of programming just for that.

Best is to try by yourself, undig your TDU2 and play online !! Tell us what you think about the new physics.

BUT !!!

You can't try it now, because all PC servers are offline, and this also goes for the whole "testdriveunlimited2.com" domain (including forums...)

I could sense a surprise, that I hope good...

I've tried out the game after 6-7 months seeing this post,

the update hasn't improved anything to be honest.

there is a little bit of ffb but not even worth checking it's still very very bad.

they haven't touched the physics you still feel completely disconnected from the car you're driving.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I feel a slight difference although I'm not sure if it is because I haven't played the game in a while and imagined the handling being worse or because they actually did something. Anyhoo, the difference is so slight it's almost negligible, although if they keep going in the same direction, who knows. It'll take a while (read: a loooooooooooong time), but yeah.

I've tried out the game after 6-7 months seeing this post,

the update hasn't improved anything to be honest.

there is a little bit of ffb but not even worth checking it's still very very bad.

they haven't touched the physics you still feel completely disconnected from the car you're driving.

Just to be clear, I did not talked about FFB improvement nor better material support, because the main improvement that the V27 made are I think (since Atari are still arses !) about tires physics (besides some changes about cars' top speed and high speed behavior). Try to take a car in some mountains curves, you'll see what I meant by saying before "less erratic" ! The whole arcade gameplay seems now more coherent unless you reach the "scripts limits"...

I mainly tried it in "Sport" and "Full assistance" modes, cause I don't find the other one finished...

There are cars ingame that are more sensible to this update, like the Shelby Cobra : for this particular car the update is very noticiable.

I still think the game is a total desaster on Atari's side, but it is still worth something if the last devs are pointing it in the right direction : improve physics is one of the main problem with material support and FFB for wheel users, and that's the only good way to keep the game in long term play, I don't deny that...

Besides, the modders community seems very active theses days :)