We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 3 {DT} - Information & News :: Thread

iLLGT3

CoD what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-XuVqWWOuI

Specs:

Minimum:

• Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
  • Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows 7
  • Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended:

• Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
  • Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATi card, GeForce GTX 460, ATi Radeon HD 6850

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a similar post at Crymod, but I'll say it again here:

THAT is how it's done. Everything in that trailer is beautiful with a purpose. The graphics engine features brilliant lighting that has the potential to provide cover and make it easier to detect movement, the maps are proper sized and free-roam-capable, and the running - :eek: - the running is just perfect. That is how immersion is done; not Bad Company's super-wobble or Shift's nausea-cam, and not a floating motion like CoD. It moves and wavers, but in a way that is perfect.

Haters, of course, will always hate, saying that they were wrong to include singleplayer. But why? SP is an extra that was added for a) advertising purposes and b) as a form of training and c) as a tech demo. It's a bonus on the multiplayer experience. And since, after three games, the series returned to the straight up "Battlefield x" naming code, we KNOW that the multiplayer experience will annihilate all others. An SP storyline like the one above is a fantastic extra, if you ask me.

Besides, who did massive-game multiplayer first? Not CoD, not MoH, and not even the first-gen shooters. BF1942 was the first of the third-generation online FPS, and I remember vividly the days of asking my dad if I could just drive around in a Jeep on the maps in a solo LAN game, always loving the way there was more to explore. It was a great game; the fact that people are still playing it today should tell you something about that. Battlefield did it first, and Battlefield can do it again.

Hail to the MP king, baby.

Cryengine 3 has an opponent?

Doubt it. ;) Crysis 2's system, perhaps, but I suspect the engine has a lot more to give.

-Leadfoot

;400292']

Haters, of course, will always hate, saying that they were wrong to include singleplayer. But why? SP is an extra that was added for a) advertising purposes and b) as a form of training and c) as a tech demo. It's a bonus on the multiplayer experience. And since, after three games, the series returned to the straight up "Battlefield x" naming code, we KNOW that the multiplayer experience will annihilate all others. An SP storyline like the one above is a fantastic extra, if you ask me.

-Leadfoot

Love the story line. Can't wait to get into Alaska, and most likely it'll continue through there back into Japan, or into Russia for a whole new dimension. o.o Can't wait. Looks like a near perfect shooter, in a looooooooong time. Without zombies too! :D

I also always loved the singleplayers in Battlefields and CODs. I don't know why somebody doesn't want it.

And I love the head and gun movement, and sounds in this trailer, the rpg sound, or "I'm up! I'm up! I'm f-ed up, but I'm up!" :)

• 1 month later...

While it's a pretty awesome 12 minutes, I as a console player still take it with a pinch of salt. Naturally the visuals will take a hit and I'm not so concerned about that, what does concern me though is gameplay. The Bad Co 2 trailers showed smooth fluid gameplay throughout, obviously provided by the power of the gaming PC used for the demo footage.

When it came to reality (console) it was no where near as smooth and agile as it had appeared in trailers. The game felt clunky next to MW2 and even the games own trailers. Don't get me wrong I loved Bad Co 2 and will doubtless love this one, just hope Frostbite 2 delivers the gameplay to the consoles.

Don't get me wrong I loved Bad Co 2 and will doubtless love this one, just hope Frostbite 2 delivers the gameplay to the consoles.

The first Frostbite wasn't that good, if you ask me. I own Bad Co. 2 on PC and BF1943 on PS3, and the mechanics of all movement (bullets, people, whatever - vehicles are okay, though) seems off, numb and delayed in a way. :(

Still, the games were fun. I still consistently win matches (by large margins) in 1943, even though I play only once every few weeks. It's easy to get used to the engine, but difficult to like it.

-Leadfoot

I dont want battlefield going all COD-ish.. That will ruin it just like Crysis 2 got ruined by going similar style. Its fine as it is and this 12 min trailer/video is just EPIC.

As far as the weapons go, I'm fine with it. Gameplay, obviously not, that's what counterstrike is for.

• 1 month later...

Just pure :drool:!

Graphics look amazing! You can obviously tell the engine and scripting are great. However, I'm just not too sure about the animations. I know you're probably thinking it's just a small detail, but the we see the animations every time we play. It is in fact a big detail. For example, when the player is crawling, the speed of the hand isn't the same as the character.

I know I'm just nit-picking, but even though I like COD, I'm not hating on BF3.

Guess I have to save every penny to buy a new PC.

I've been playing BF2 since 2006 and I'm really looking foward to BF3. BC2 wasn't really what I wanted it to be, a comeback to roots, but it still was alright. About the CoD, after quite bad WaW and MW2 and rather tragic BO, I don't really care about MW3 unless it will be as good as CoD4 was (which was the game I stopped playing BF2 for).

I hope we can get CoD style customization. Engineers shouldn't be the only ones with SD weapons. There is nothing I love more than a M4 with scopes, rails, etc with a silencer.

Hell no! Remember, BF3 will be more realistic game than CoD and armys don't use silencers very often IRL. I can stand diffrent types of scopes or even grenade launchers. Even if conflicts in BF2 were fictional, you could choose from equipment that actually could be used if those conflicts would appear IRL and I hope BF3 will keep up this way. Although I loved my silenced AKS-74U and I really enjoyed this sneaky kind of gamestyle ;)