We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 3 {DT} - Information & News :: Thread

iLLGT3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this posted around and it's good to see it's now useable. :)

Haha check my deaths! Seriously I am Diablo by the looks of it. :para: :evil:

As of this post:

123qele.png

My stats: newage custard - BF3 Stats

I hope someone makes a team player graphic as I could care less about my k/d, I'm all about the assists and scoring the objectives. :D

Hehe earlier today I was playing on Damvand Peak or something and a number of the other team was sniping which of course made my team do the same. I killed a few by RPG'ing but for the most part because it's pretty open they were picking us off and the MCOM's were getting further from being destroyed. So I thought screw it, grabbed a MOD 11 or whatever killed 4 snipers, ran to the MCOM, grenaded another - got shot and spawned on squad - knifed 2 more, Armed the A MCOM, set up in wait for any enemy, shot 2 of a 4 man squad got nailed, 2 engis on my squad took down the last 2, MCOM blew up and I got a message from 1 of my squad saying "Now you're the type of Recon we need more of".

Felt dirty using the sniper rifle but I didn't just lie down and wait to be shot and tbh the best moments was killing people with the pistol. Went back to my A-91 engi class and we promptly had a hell of a battle on our hands but a damn good one at that. Won it with about 7 tickets left and got my first MVP #1.

Was outstanding as you can probably guess. :)

I have a question about the Javelin though? WTF is the point of it when it does so little and can easily be escaped compared to just firing off some random RPG's and hoping another engi is nearby to destroy after you disabling it! I was happy when I unlocked it but it's frankly useless.

The only reason I use the Javelin is because it can lock onto the MAV, EOD Bots, and other assorted goodies that recons are always using these days. It's useless against anything bigger than an APC and the targeting system is absolutely horrible - 10hrs to lock on to the target and assuming it hasn't ran away, there's still hardly any chance of the missile actually hitting.

Of course it's going to be sort of fun but it may not be the type of fun people who play BF3 want. Myself for example would rather have a team based game where communication and teamwork is necessity like Rainbow Six than the run and gun lonewolf standard of the MW series. And I know for sure that BF3 will tide me over until the new R6 comes in 2013. :D

I do wish BF3 had more destruction and also one hit kills for vehicles via tanks and such though as well as more danger like 1943 with the planes and such as in that game if you even clipped a leaf of a tree it was BOOM! :D Just ask Mellors about telegraph poles. :lol:

Of course it's going to be sort of fun but it may not be the type of fun people who play BF3 want. Myself for example would rather have a team based game where communication and teamwork is necessity like Rainbow Six than the run and gun lonewolf standard of the MW series. And I know for sure that BF3 will tide me over until the new R6 comes in 2013. :D

I do wish BF3 had more destruction and also one hit kills for vehicles via tanks and such though as well as more danger like 1943 with the planes and such as in that game if you even clipped a leaf of a tree it was BOOM! :D Just ask Mellors about telegraph poles. :lol:

Yea, you went BOOM! quite a lot when in any vehicle.

I wish there was a sword in BF3. :(

About the Javelin problem, this might be helpful:

Your favourite weapon so far? Mine is definatelly the SCAR-H with foregrip (to reduce the recoil), silencer (it doesn't give away your possition when you fire the gun with silencer attached) and thermal scope (which is pretty much a legal wallhack, well, not really a wallhack, but it's pretty damn useful). It's a beast on hardcore mode!

DAO-12 with frag shells. Man that thing is hours of fun.

Can't help but wish there was a commander like in BF2 and 2142 though, as it seems like squads just don't coordinate themselves. It's hard enough to get your squad together as it is, getting squads to effectively work together makes you much stronger, and getting those squads efficiently deployed on the field leads to dominance of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...