We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PoTW: Week 74 Entry

Andreas¹

Wouldn't the SRT badges be similar to Mercedes' AMG, BMW's M, Lexus' F, Chevy's SS, etc.?

For example: SRT-8, SRT-10, SL63 AMG, E63 AMG, M3 E46, M5 E39, IS-F, Camaro SS, and so on.

Edit: They also provide engines for many cars under Chrysler.

I don't think so... Chevrolet Camaro SS is not a in-house tuner... it's just a version name, not really tuned by other company like AMG or ACR. That's why SRT isn't either...

SRT is just the name of the top version of chrysler/dodge cars... If SRT, SS, Lexus F can be called an in-house tuner, Fiat "Sporting or T-Jet" can be called in-house tuner too. Different than AMG...

Punto T-Jet, Bravo T-Jet, Linea T-Jet... see?

I don't think so... Chevrolet Camaro SS is not a in-house tuner... it's just a version name, not really tuned by other company like AMG or ACR. That's why SRT isn't either...

SRT is just the name of the top version of chrysler/dodge cars... If SRT, SS, Lexus F can be called an in-house tuner, Fiat "Sporting or T-Jet" can be called in-house tuner too. Different than AMG...

Punto T-Jet, Bravo T-Jet, Linea T-Jet... see?

Aaah! We keep comparing apples to oranges. I'll try to organize this post. Remember, an "in-house tuner" is a TEAM OF PEOPLE whose job it is to enhance existing models and design parts for their company. :)

Dodge:

SRT is an in-house tuner: it's a team of people in the same company that design enhancements to existing models.

ACR is not a tuning branch. It means "American Club Racer" - a name, like SS.

Chevrolet:

SS is not a tuning branch, as Millie said. Chevrolet doesn't give a name to its performance division, because it plays a role in the design of every version of the sporting models, from Corvette to Camaro.

Cadillac:

"V" is an in-house tuner. Like Lexus's "F," they enhance cars designed by other people.

Ford:

Shelby is an in-house tuner. Like SRT, it's a team that designs unique parts to apply to existing models. It's also owned by Ford.

GT is not an in-house tuner - like SS or ACR, it's a name.

BMW:

M-division is an in-house tuner.

Mercedes-Benz:

AMG is an in-house tuner (they used be a separate company, actually, but then Merc bought them out).

Hopefully this clarifies some stuff. :)

-Leadfoot

;401684']Aaah! We keep comparing apples to oranges. I'll try to organize this post. Remember, an "in-house tuner" is a TEAM OF PEOPLE whose job it is to enhance existing models and design parts for their company. :)

Dodge:

SRT is an in-house tuner: it's a team of people in the same company that design enhancements to existing models.

Chevrolet:

SS is not a tuning branch, as Millie said. Chevrolet doesn't give a name to its performance division, because it plays a role in the design of every version of the sporting models, from Corvette to Camaro.

Cadillac:

"V" is an in-house tuner. Like Lexus's "F," they enhance cars designed by other people.

Ford:

Shelby is an in-house tuner. Like SRT, it's a team that designs unique parts to apply to existing models. It's also owned by Ford.

GT is not an in-house tuner - like SS or ACR, it's a name.

BMW:

M-division is an in-house tuner.

Mercedes-Benz:

AMG is an in-house tuner (they used be a separate company, actually, but then Merc bought them out).

Hopefully this clarifies some stuff. :)

-Leadfoot

Thanks.

Besides, killalldude already said he'd allow the picture so I think we can put this discussion to bed now. ;)

But Leadfoot, Shelby also make/made (?) their own cars as well, like the Daytona in TDU2? Those confuse me. xD

Thanks.

Besides, killalldude already said he'd allow the picture so I think we can put this discussion to bed now. ;)

But Leadfoot, Shelby also make/made (?) their own cars as well, like the Daytona in TDU2? Those confuse me. xD

True, but IIRC I think there's some kind of business deal that was made for the '07 and later Shelby products that means Ford funds them or something - the Shelby GT500 is a Ford SVT product, IIRC. This is the one I'm least certain about. It's pretty confusing...

Anyway, /discussion. :) And since it counts, I like the lighting in the Viper pic. :)

-Leadfoot

Dodge:

I still thinking the SRT is not a in-house tuner. Even because Viper had only that version, different than any other car that has a in-house tuner. Mercedes C-Class, Mercedes C-Class AMG, BMW 3-Series, BMW M3.

I also doesn't think a different people think about the SRT separated of the Dodge people. Imo, ACR is a lot more "special" than SRT.