We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My New invisible Shelf Setup!

Jacob

Today I built some Invisible Floating Gaming and Movie Shelfs and I wanted to share them with you and show you how to make them.

Steps:

Step 1: Level Off, and mount Two or, how many Medium size "L Brackets" Into your wall ( I Mounted two becauses thats all I need.)

http://i54.tinypic.com/34oafkj.jpg

Step 2: Choose a Base Case ( In my case it was Assassins Creed Brother Hood) And cut only the bottom connecter in your case.

28m23xl.jpg

(Sorry about picture quailty but you should be able to see it)

Step 3: Slid the Game case onto the "L Brackets") Then just clip the clips

Step 4: Stack the games

j7q9dv.jpg

1zwypna.jpg

2di5coi.jpg

:D:D

I plan on extending it when I get some more games and making a thrid stake thats a little lower then the rest, too really set it off.

lol - looks pretty weird/creepy (floating).

More shelves next to it with smaller piles will probably look better though :)

Ran out of Brackets and games lol. And you have to have enough games to cover the top of the bracket.

Cool idea! I would have it so it's like 5 games or so on one shelf, 4 games next shelf next to it, 3 games next shelf and so on...

You'd have to get smaller L brackets or the tops of them would be shorter ;).Thanks Guys for all the great comments apperiate it.

imo, what would look even better was if you had a small clear (invisible) plastic shelf which allowed you to stack the games in their verticle position (i.e. like a bookshelf). The shelf wouldn't come out from the wall as far as the games - just enough to keep the games stable, and keep the shelf hidden.

Haha, this is pretty neat. I have some crappy games that can have their boxes cut into as well. Nice!

I use a CD folder for my games so my cases were just lying around. May aswell put them to use.

@Ryzza:

The games are perfectly stable. I've been Taking the games off and putting them back on all day. When I first built it because people constantly wanted to see how it worked. The verticle thing would be good if I actually used the cases for easy removal but like I said i don't ever use them so this way was easier and cheaper then buy clear plastic or using glass. It only cost $2 each shelf.

My next project is to built 16x16 Mario blocks to put in the corners of my walls:

Alot like this but with out the subwoofers:

smb_sub_1.jpg

My next project is to built 16x16 Mario blocks to put in the corners of my walls:

Alot like this but with out the subwoofers:

Is it me, or are you just a genius?! :lol:

Now I want to do something similar to this but I can't be bothered to cut holes in a bunch of cases... :(

Is it me, or are you just a genius?! :lol:

Now I want to do something similar to this but I can't be bothered to cut holes in a bunch of cases... :(

I can't take the credit for this one. Isaw them on a wall of a Smosh video on youtube