We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU 2 stuttering!

Fear Deer

Hey there

Sometimes, when i started tdu 2 it did frame skipping and stuttering

restarting the game would fix it!

Today i started the game, and i had it, but restarting wont help it and its unplayable this way!

With the game closed the cpu usage and ram usage is just normal and i havent installed anythnig since the last time i played tdu 2!

This is really weird and id like to know if anyone had / has this too!

I used to own the 8800GTS 320mb version, and could play TDU1 at max 4xAA at 1440x900, but when I couldn't play newer games (I think it was ProStreet at the time *shudders*) at max at my not-so-high res, I got the 9800GX2. Then when that conveniently died early last year, I got the GTX480 on its launch day.

Hah! i get 20fps sometimes and the worse i get is 14, and anything over 12 is good for me ;)

but the thing is NOT that, the thing is that it was perfectly playable till 2 days ago, when this started happening!!

Any one know why?!?

n00b levler has an i5 and i was at his house yesterday and he also has frame skipping, tho its more playable than on my pc obviously

Sorry for double post but gota tell you this, it just stopped doing the stuttering..out of nothing

and with my old wheel i had less 5 fps in each game, cose of its tacky driver.

With fanatec wheels i dont get any fps decrease :)

I suspect they have integrated processor for the forcefeedback, as my joystick has one and i experience no fps decrease while using it!

Hmm honestly i think it does, but its intermittent

i mean..sometimes my wheel acts like its dead..no forces (on tdu 2 only) then all of a sudden when im cornering fast or when im departing fast, the wheel just becomes alive and its actually strong and realistic, but the force feedback stops after.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys i have a trick that might work for you, 1.launch tdu2 go into game 2.alt-tab out 3.open youtube to any music video start it then pause it(leave internet browser open). 4.alt-tab back into game and it should remove stutter. I dont know if this works for nvidia, but ive had this problem with intermitent stutter since my 5870 and this fixed it.