We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Want an H-Shifter without purchasing a G25??

TDUFREAK500

Hey guys I found an awesome program the other day that allows you to program a Joystick to be used as an H-Shifter in TDU (and possibly other games)

You set it in the program as being an 8-Way Stick then choose which keys you want up and down and the four corners to be, then program those keys in as being gears 1-6 in the correct order

Here is the link to the program

Download Xpadder 5.3 Free - Simulates keypresses and mouse movements using a gamepad - Softpedia

• 4 weeks later...

Xpadder ?? wow that's a ... "different" use for it i guess, never thought of using it to fake a h gate shifter.

Which while im on the subject, if you own a force feedback joystick ( not a rumble gamepad an actual FF joystick ) then there is a better solution for you. there is an app floating around called "FF Shifter" it's used a lot on Rfactor and Live for speed. unlike xpadder which just simulates different key presses depending where you push the stick, FFshifter will actually make your joystick into a proper H gate shifter with a proper " clunk clunk " feel to it as it passes out of one gear into another.

It will only allow you to move the joystick along the h gate shape. So what i mean is if you was in first, you cannot just push the stick right and make it go to third, you have to move out of first to neutral, then across to center, then up to 3rd, it applies forces to everywhere other than the H shape.

Heres a link to a youtube video showing it in action

All the best, Nobby

Right click on the application and click on troubleshoot compatibility (you only need to do this if you have windows 7) Then click on troubleshoot program on the window that comes up then tick "The Program worked in earlier versions of Windows but wont install or run now" then click next, Then select windows vista from the list and click Next, tHen click run program then click "Yes' save these settings for this program"

Never tried this program, but before i had fanatec,

i had a bad wheel, small, 90º rotation to each side, 2 crappy pedals, and i used my joystick as H shifter with a program called Virtual H shifter!

You need a force feedback joystick so that it does not center back to "neutral" when you let go of it :P and you have to turn the forces down so that it doesnt remember to start moving :p

And i also used a redneck clutch back then :D, the Joystick's Rudder Slider :D