We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLGT3 - PC - Build Log

iLLGT3

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My single 6850 runs BF3 fine but with max AA, I get micro studdering.

I also bought some Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz thru newegg for 39.99. It's going to replace my Corsair 4GB Vengeance memory.

bf's adressing is coded badly so it uses more than 4gb of rams even though it's a 32 bit software. That's what causes your studdering not your gfx card.

I just bought a Corsair H80 water cooler from TigerDirect for $79.99. No more garbage OEM 2500k fan!!!

Yeah, BF3 did have some memory leak problems from what I heard. People also reported that it was trying to use 3.5GB of video memory.

HOLY CRAP I WANT THIS: PROVANTAGE: MSI R6950-2PM2D2GD5 Radeon HD6950 PCIE 2GB GDDR5 HDMI 2DVI 1250MHZ Minidisplayprt A reference!!

I just bought a Corsair H80 water cooler from TigerDirect for $79.99. No more garbage OEM 2500k fan!!!

Yeah, BF3 did have some memory leak problems from what I heard. People also reported that it was trying to use 3.5GB of video memory.

HOLY CRAP I WANT THIS: PROVANTAGE: MSI R6950-2PM2D2GD5 Radeon HD6950 PCIE 2GB GDDR5 HDMI 2DVI 1250MHZ Minidisplayprt A reference!!

Was just thinking about getting an H100 for $70 after the MIR from Newegg, but I changed my mind. My Cooler Master Hyper 212+ cools my 2600K just fine at 4.5GHz, even after a several hour prime95 test. The max temps hover at around 70C, which is great for a cheap air cooler.

It's not. The standoffs are built into the case and how hard is it to install ram, really?

I'm not the only one with this problem. It's piss-poor build quality on these 3.0 and 3.1 revision boards from ASUS. They're great when they work but they also are apparently a fire hazard.

It's not. The standoffs are built into the case and how hard is it to install ram, really?

Very for most people. (I know it was a rhetorical question :P)

I'm not the only one with this problem. It's piss-poor build quality on these 3.0 and 3.1 revision boards from ASUS. They're great when they work but they also are apparently a fire hazard.

:hmmm: My Asus board is still going strong after about 3 years now I think. It's been out of the case countless times too.

It may be the RAM too. IDK. I upgraded to another version on Vengeance memory but even if this particular RAM isn't on the "qualified vendor list," the is Corsair RAM there so whatevs....

I found a used P67 Sabertooth for $160. I may buy it, not sure yet.