We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLGT3 - PC - Build Log

iLLGT3

It's not. The standoffs are built into the case and how hard is it to install ram, really?

I'm not the only one with this problem. It's piss-poor build quality on these 3.0 and 3.1 revision boards from ASUS. They're great when they work but they also are apparently a fire hazard.

i'm using Asus for like dunno how long... running OC on CPU (25%) and Ram (meh... only 33mhz over the top)

running this for maybe a year without C&Q enabled and no problems. About a week back enabled C&Q, no problems, rock stable.

this is the first time i hear that asus boards are bad o.O i know one day mine will die to but its been running for so long and dint had any problems , so i don't even care if it die now :)

i missed something, how it died? i mean in what place?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My computer is up and running.

Had a bit of trouble with the RAM but it's all good now. The board was also telling me that I had a booting problem. I called it a liar.. A few minutes later, I found out that my HDD did not have power. It was not plugged in.

• 2 weeks later...

Or, you could leave it in your savings account and earn some interest, so that by the time next year comes around you won't have a big tax return, or you'll have to pay them :cheeese:

I won't be building another PC until mine is too slow for new games or until something revolutionary comes out. Might see if Thunderbolt takes off (comes to Gigabyte motherboards in 2012) or if we all stick with USB3, or see what else happens. Maybe wait and see if Windows 8 has any impact on hardware.

i wanted to buy a 6 core CPU, AMD phenom II X6 1090T 3.2ghz black edition :(

i have the money but dad wont let me "ruin the money" on stuff he says its not important and that i dont need...

*sigh*

go for 1055T or 1075T. you will save money and can get the same performance as 1090T with a bit OC, or even more! :) saying this from experience