We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need For Speed: The Run

Revan174

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Initial D and Wangan? Ok you win worst taste in games CC. We CANNOT beat that I'm pretty sure of that. :cheeky:

Doesn't matter, I won something! :cheeky: Would adding Katamari Forever & Yakuza 4 give me extra points? :lol:

and you win the Most Incomprehendable award

Me or Diablo? If me, do I get something for the dubble win? :cheeky:

• 4 weeks later...

I got the game last year(well..3 days ago...still was 2011), its better than what I was expecting from the revives!

Only problem is i'm half around half way into 'the Run' mode and all I can pick are Tire 4 cars! It's really bugging me as I was wanting to use the Countash for the run, but thats a Tire 3 car!

Kinda sucks, but I'm swapping between the Lexus LF-A and the RWB 911!

There are a few niggles, like half the cars needing to be unlocked by playing online. And the Thing I mentioned in my last post!

But other than that it's really good(7.5 - 8 /10..if you like numbers), online is good as well!

I still think my idea for the game would of been better:

Think in the style of outrun, and mix it with TDU a bit(its all one aera, not split into stages) and there would be multiple routes to the destanation(highway, fast but has traffic and longest way, police use faster cars, take the other roads, more challenging but less traffic and if done right is shorter and police use more average police cars).

• 6 months later...

Probably the best NFS so far. If it would have had free roam it would have been super!

I really like the cop chases in this game, its fun that they come driving from in front of you and than block of the road. The different enviroments are also nicely done. City, Forest, Snow, Desert, Mountains, what else you need x) The button bashing parts, I don't mind, it actually is pretty cool imo. Other missions like the part where you drive through the blasting area in the rockies or try to escape from a mafia helicopter in Downtown Chicago adds a very intense sphere to the game which I like.

I'd give it a 8/10. -0,5 for no costumasation, -0,5 for no free roam, -0,5 because half of the cars need to be unlocked by Multiplayer, -0,5 because police chases could have been even better than they are now (police helicopter, spike strips)