We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DLC Exploration Pack

Right...

This is REALLY getting on my nerves now, Atari, hurry up with this, I'm literally on the verge of snapping my TDU2 Disc..

Ever since this game has come out, it has been problem after problem after problem...

The least we deserve is a supporting team, who will keep us informed about the things we WANT..

And yes, I has used a program that mods the money, as it is too hard to make money after you have completed everything.. this should be allowed as it doesn't effect any other players..

So atari, just get a move on with telling us an update about the DLC.. I was on TDU2 this morning, and it said that there will be maitenance while I was playing (came up in the blue strip below)

BUT still NO dlc..HURRY UP before I snap the disc, its really getting annoying and frustrating now, and I'm sure other people agree!!!

*rant over*

:oook:

Destra said it was ready, just waiting for Microsoft now.

Sony.... who knows how long that'll take.

Who knows, you may end up snapping your disc anyway if you get banned for altering your save-game:

The update includes the following Gameplay improvements:

We scrutinize savegames for specific hacks and take measures when they are detected

The Exploration Pack is really great and everything, if just the exploration part wasn't disabled by a bug. For me (and lots of other people) the game totally screwed up which wrecks you have already found. See the attached screenshots.

So after finding just 2 new wrecks, I got the new car. And I can now go and re-find some of the old wrecks.

To all the Xbox-players: I think you are lucky that Microsoft checks the patch before you get it, hopefully they force Eden to fix the problems before they release the Pack. Eden's QA team has once again proven to be quite incompetent.

EDIT: Just found two posts in the News-Thread here of people having the same problem:

Test Drive Unlimited: Central - View Single Post - News Exploration Pack DLC Patch Info *Updated!! PC Now Available!*

Test Drive Unlimited: Central - View Single Post - News Exploration Pack DLC Patch Info *Updated!! PC Now Available!*

They're not actually in the game to use, the ZR-1 and SL65 Black are driveable in Convoy missions but are not as far as I know able to buy.

Also don't post videos or media containing cars you shouldn't have. (message has been deleted)

Diablo, you are weird man. You allow modding, you allow people to post mods of cars, yet as soon as someone has a car they shouldn't have, NO PICS OR VIDEOS!!!! Why?

There was no Bugatti SS in TDU1, but you can download it as a mod from this site somewhere....

To me, modding and hacking are the same deal, changing game files which you shouldn't even be looking at.

Anyway, from the looks of things on the PC side, hex editing is soon to be laid to rest anyway. Until ofcourse someone undoes whatever this patch does. :)

Modding/hacking happens every day on TDU2, if you play online for more than one hour and don't see someone with something they shouldn't have, you was probably playing during a server hiccup where you joined noone. :D

If you don't understand the difference between modding a game that is over 4 years old and a game that is not even 3 months then I can't help. :cheeky: Also if you're modding to have cars that actually require purchasing then you are effectively stealing from the developers.

Hopefully if the hackers are stupid enough to take their ventures online and thus be noticed/logged then Atari/Eden will pass over their details to MS and Sony resulting in a temporary suspension or even a console ban. And as for the PC maybe a serial ban for those muppets.

Post.

As soon as someone figures out how to get into the car model files, and correctly alter them to other cars successfully, then "modding" as we know it on TDU1 will be on TDU2 also, but maybe they should wait a bit til Eden/Atari are bored with this project and give up monitoring anything?

Don't be stupid man, it's not theft at all, Eden leaving cars on the disc THEN making you PAY EXTRA (regardless if it's 1 penny or a million pounds) to access content that's already on the disc, which you already paid to use, so technically, no, I am not stealing, I am getting back what they decided to steal away from anyone who doesn't pay extra.

Fair? No.

The only people who actually care about hackers are those who feel somehow affected by a hackers actions, someone driving a coach/taxi/458/gumpert/whatever does NOT harm you in any way, so why care about it? Cos you basically got nothing better to do than check up that everyone else is playing the game the same way as you?

If Eden made TDU2 good, I wouldn't bother with this sort of crap, but as it stands, the only fun you can have from the game after finishing it, is driving around in cars. The more cars, the longer the enjoyment will last. For me, only the cars that shouldn't even be there hold that desire to drive them, as obviously I hadn't been able to bore myself to death with them until I figured it out. Thus I extended the lifespan of my game, but the guy on the same server as me won't care what I'm driving, as long as I am keeping my car to myself, and I am not attempting to penetrate everyones exhaust pipe at 134mph!

To be honest with you pal, hackers aren't a problem, most of them keep to themselves simply because too much attention is a negative. It's the non-hackers that annoy me most, those pompous no nothing idiots that buy a Veyron (SS, more often than not these days...) then spend the next 3.5 hours ramming you all over the shop for no other reason than they felt like it.

Rammers affect the online play a hell of a lot more than seeing the odd hotrod or traffic car drive past.

Anyway, rant over, god only knows what I wrote in this post as I'm a bit mentally impaired at this moment in time, good smoke, cya.

The cars (or paintjobs) are only $1 each, so I'm not really fussed at this point tbh. Would be interesting to see what everyone else thinks via a poll.

I would prefer it if DLC was infact DLC, but since I want TDU2 to eventually turn out good (hopefully) I'm happy look after the devs and see if they look after us in turn.

If it was EA on the other hand, then I couldn't give a rats backside about finding what else is on the disc :)

Just remember though, that nobody buys software - they buy a license to use the software in the way intended by the publisher.

If I have one thing learned in my life, it's that you take what you can get while you can get it, answer to nobody, and most importantly, never forgive, never forget, and never give it back.

I recommend everyone to enjoy the extra cars while they can, because at this moment in time it looks like they are going to be lost forever, which is a shame. Definitely drive the FXX, Gumpert and 458 at least, they are all amazingly quick. The Gumpert feels very much like a Veyron, only it handles. ;P

The main reason is it's annoying because the devs have to spend some of their time working on ways of stopping those people. I don't like unlock DLC as much as the next person and personally hate they have gone down this path, as has been shown in the past with other titles if you go go down this route then people will try and get it for free, it's inevitable in todays society.

I also find it funny how many people take this stance and yet won't do the same with other games because somehow they like that game more. Either way it's a negative both ways and like I said I don't get why companies choose to do it.

When you consider that if you say $20 of a new games sale (on release) goes to the developer that means you only need 50,000 to make $1m whereas to hold back or keep content on the disc and people find out and thus don't buy the game. Then of course you need the ones who did purchase to do it, and that $1m is very far away in reach.

For me personally the on disc DLC which I have always previously just tolerated has really hacked me off this time because I still don't feel we have a proper working game. Even this latest DLC is looking like it's going to have issues, is there any Q&A done at all ? There are still other money exploits that don't involve modding or hacking out there as well.

PS my friends list doesn't work.

You really want that Friends List huh? I do have to say it is good when it's working though.

Yeah Q&A seems a bit ironic with the Exploration Pack especially in how easy and abundant the issue occurs. They really need better personnel in that area.

Lol, I've made a point of complaining about it every time any update is mentioned. It can't seriously be that hard to fix can it? I get by without it but it would be nice, then maybe I could get the Social Butterfly achievement. I could of course delete friends to gain it, oh the irony.

And it's your right to do so as well, what it comes down to though is if those saying this is what we're going to do are actually listening and hearing what the people who continue to endure and even play this game actually want. It was the vast environment and the driving that made TDU last so long for most, the social aspect was created by us just chatting and cruising with mates, I don't remember anyone actually asking for a worse driving feel and more to do apart from driving. lol

I can understand the wheel support not getting much love on the PC due to - if true - the sales on the platform though without knowing the download/Steam totals it's hard to say either way. However at the same time, the wheel, gear shift and clutch support was what sold TDU to many PC players in the first place, a good way to chill after a heavy night on LFS or iRacing. :cool: