We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV│iCEnhancer 1.25│Incredible Graphics Overhaul

iLLGT3

I gave it a go for five minutes last night. Makes the game look good in some areas, makes it look like a tonne of bloom effects (too many/much) and a boost in contrast has been added elsewhere for me rather than what you see in all the videos. I guess the config file or whatever it uses needs tweaking a bit to get the same results but I don't have time for that.

Works best on patch 1.0.0.4 or whatever it is, the game didn't want to start at all with no patches and iCEnhancer installed.

This mod doesn't seem to want to work for everybody especially ones with the Steam version.

I have the Steam version, but there are some mods that prevent Steam from replacing the modded files with original files. I haven't tried it yet, as my CPU currently keeps overheating from games.

I've already decided this mod is more hassle than it's worth, from my point of view anyway. First time I tried it, I installed GTA IV, patched it to 1.0.4.0 and added iCEnhancer to it and it started up fine, only had a few minutes to try it out. Went back to have another look the next day and GTA IV would stop responding as soon as it started. I re-installed GTA IV, the patch and the mod and made sure I did everything right. Again, the game started and ran fine but now, a day later, it's started crashing again.

Haven't even changed a single setting to do with the mod, the game or the entire computer and now the game doesn't want to work at all again. It is almost like it's doing it to take the preverbial pee.

• 1 month later...

@GTAMADDOG,

your problem could be caused by the d3d9.dll. It's used by iCEnhancer but also other programs like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, Xfire use it. My game was always crashing so I rebootet by PC after the clean instalation and disabled Xfire in game overlay (since it uses d3d9.dll) for GTA IV. My iCEnhancer 1.3 is working now, but it's too bright... :( pic

• 2 months later...