We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure by now they've probably improved the issue, as I haven't really looked into them much since the Mk2 Prius was about.

I remember on Top Gear they said how, in it's lifetime, a Prius does more environmental damage than a Land Rover Discovery. Now, I know TG speaks a load of crap most of the time but this was a few years ago now. The really bad ones would have to be like the Lexus LS600h, V8 and a tiny little hybrid motor, what the hellfire.

The 2nd generation Prius? Yes. The new Prius is oriented for city use, it's got a fully functional battery pack as you would find in an EV and it does have a fully electric mode which allows itself under speeds under 50 kph, never mind the Prius Plug-in. That's where the trick lies. It's multifunctional in terms of being a short and a long distance car. Unless you get one because it's 'trendy' and haul it like an old work mule, you will make up for the pollution that's produced in the making of it. And hellooooo, it's not the only car that pollutes the Earth whilst being made.

I guess they're a suitable option if you do a lot of town driving, but where I live they make very little sense. They're also very expensive, and a Golf diesel gets more MPG than a Prius, so they say, and is cheaper. However, another problem with them is not just manufacturing, but at the end of it's life the harmful chemicals in the batteries have to be disposed of somewhere, which then affect the environment even more.

Personally, I'm not a fan of hybrids. They're certainly not the future in my opinion. Although, the Prius looks kinda cool. :leaves:

E: Damn you flo. :lol:

Well, it was a crowded playtime today :whistle:

6786325574_a3d603ce0e_z.jpg

6932442805_297b9805b8_z.jpg

6932443083_323b101ed5_z.jpg

I planned on taking more of those, but then I realised that 2 cars in collor look horible in my mind..

6932443687_4b7a4dbb2d_z.jpg

Battled the nordschleife in 2 big rivals

6932443303_6b53725b2d_z.jpg

should I or should I not do a full shoot with the ruf?

Santu, I hope so, I also hope our (both of us) terrible connections won't kick the bucket :(

Tom, Thanks for keeping this ON topic :cheeky: thanks mate, your "request" is my comand, will take some of that tomorow, and It's a car I like, should be no problem :lol: