We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard Trailer Released

iLLGT3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Any tips for a newbie to this? Bought this on Steam today and having only previously played Oblivion for the best part of 30 minutes before my Xbox broke and even then I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing. I'm just after any hints/tips on what to do and what not to do, any particular classes worth choosing, etc?

I'll probably spend more time taking in the scenery rather than doing quests :p

Find a race you like and start playing. The game is much more balanced than Oblivion when it comes to races. Just listen to every detail of quests and enjoy.

When you go into towns for the first time, you will see these "live cut scenes" (as I call them) where an argument (usually) will be taking place. Just stand there and listen to them and usually you can offer some assistance/input on the situation the NPC's are discussing and maybe pick up a quest or two.

Nah, you'll have loads left to do, you just need to find the stuff!

There are always quests to do as they are randomly generated although some may get a bit repetitive after a while.

Not much left lol... I've done soooo many side quests I've run out.

command children to fight for you[/url].
I have 3 characters... all different play styles... :D I'm keeping myself entertained however.

• 4 weeks later...