We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What was the first console you ever owned?

GJB93

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first console I owned was a Grandstand 3600 !!!!!

Still have it somewhere.

It came with 2 twist controllers and a light gun and you selected the games with a slider on the machine. I think the games were Squash, Tennis, Football and Shooting.

In terms of other machines my history is as follows (and this is where I show my age again)

O M G :eek:

I didn't think anyone else would remember that thing. If mine wasn't called that, it sounds very similar. I remember it being grey and black, and the knob on each paddle controller was orange. The lightgun was black and had a barrel extension that you could remove, and it kinda reminded me of the guns the bad guys had in Blakes 7 at the time. Looking back now, of course, it looks nothing like them.

I don't consider my C64 or Amiga as consoles. They were computers, god-damnit!

Then I got PS1, PS2, Xbox, PSP, Xbox360

Edit: Might get a PS3 when the price comes down.

Maybe.

• 1 month later...

first was the nintendo entertainment system with the rectangle controllers then ps1 then gameboy color then ps2 my big sister stepped on pkug and it fell so i got another ps2 and psp wich i gave to my cousin in europe then i got a nintendo ds (2) and finally my ps2 is dusty so it doesnt work so i got the xbox 360 now

Well I had this sega machine thing with a motorbike game built in. I was about 5 and I still remember it. But I got a ps1 with toca race driver for Xmas once and I loved it. Next I got A GBcolour, a GBA. The a PS2 with GTA3 (not so much hours at a time but days). That broke once so I lied about my warranty and got a new one. Then It would be my 360. Then a tank of a PC that cost £2000.

First Console: PS1 (Blew Up after a year),

Then Got the Xbox,

Then the GameBoy Advanced,

Then traded the GBA for the GBA SP,

now thinking of waiting until fall for the Xbox 360 price drop, PGR4, and a better version of the X360 that is much cooler (in temperture) than all of the other ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1st i had was the atari vcs - wood front big switches et al

then it was a shimmy sideways as the home computer boom started - had an atari 400 then an atari 800 xl.

upgraded for the sake of gaming to the commodore 64.

skipped the 16 bit home computers in favour of switching back to consoles with the sega master system.

from there in xmas 89 it was on to a japanese sega megadrive.

snes followed then mega cd 32x and an atari jaguar atari lynx.

then the playstation landed and i also backed the sega saturn.

then an n64

a neo geo pocket colour

sega dreamcast

ps2

x-box

game boy colour

psp

x-box 360

ps3

now nearly 30 years after starting playing video games my thumbs are constantly locking up while trying to make carefull and precise movements on the analogue sticks...

arthritis is only a matter of time...

Guest RB26DETT

that is a nice collection fizzkid2000. why'd you skip the PS1?

my first one would be the FAMILY COMPUTER.

followed by PS1(owned two of these)

then my PS2(it blew up)

then now I game on my PC. I just finished Bioshock last week. GREAT GAME!!! I've been playing Prey recently. I got Prey so I can play something else instead of NBA Live 07 til CRYSIS comes out!

hmm mine was:

SNES(got hot regularly[especially power pack])

PSX

N64

PS1(PSX blew up)

PS2

PC-1st(was great, even ran TDU reasonably)

XB360(POS wasted my money... gets hot all the time, makes too much noise, tray is broked, controllers are buggered)

PC-2nd(one word. AWESOME!)

• 2 weeks later...

mine went SNES then megadrive then jumped to a PS1 (what an upgrade ;))

for megadrive tho i can still remember the sonic cheat up down left right start and A together

unlocks all the levels lol, then for PS1 it was clearly all about gran turismo 2, ford GT40 race car and seattle, now its just PC, might get a 360 sometime