We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Brake pressure?

Eudemon

Should brake pressure be eased?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should brake pressure be eased?

• Yes, I want to be able to brake without emergency stopping
    • No, I feel like a mad mad when I drive with the screeching
    • Don't care, fine to me as is.

One thing that irks me in TDU is the brake pressure. I mean if you press the brakes and the lights don't come on you will brake a lot smoother and more lifelike than the constant slam and skid you get when you hit the brake pressure that the lights come on. Not to mention you brake quicker when not skidding, it's almost as if when you slam the brakes there's some kind of lockup happening that's taking your car further whereas if you brake lightly you stop quicker without the screech.

So do you agree?

• 5 months later...

Well, i chose the first one because at many times the brakin g system is redicolous, but i've gotten used to it and I'm afraid that if atari tried to make ssome other fix, the cars would 'sail majestically into trees,' not becasue of lock-up, but becasue of a lack of braking power. So I almost chose the third option.

the best example of this / the reason i'm thinking this is becasue, if for instance you set the steering sensitivity low, it Isn't linear with the stick, it just slows down the wheel so you have tto steer full to the side sometimes a full second early, so that by time the wheels have turned, the turn is still at where you are (instead of behind you)

And, i wish that in the higher driving aid opptions (that i only use when i'm not going fast and don't want to feel like a mad mad,) had ABS. THat would be a lot easier.

... i just wrote a big 'ol essay. wow, i feel proud.