We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Steam Store gets personal. And blue!

Ryzza5

LCjWeYFMlqYQs1VLBy6Lxyg7g7Czhz.png

g3LvWoVdM6XcUGdFR7Seu05NTRNHmx.png

Steam is going all NetFlix by putting its database of recommendations and trends to use to get more indie games in front of your eyes that you may just be tempted to buy (if the price is right).

Fortunately you can easily dismiss games you're not interested, and also follow Steam curators who share the same interests as you.

Want to know more? Click here.

Oh and it's changed from brown to blue now. (I already had a blue themepack installed).

Shame there is no way to change it back to a theme that actually is good... Just some options to remove some of the unnecessary items would be good (Curators, Explore Your Queue), I don't particularly want these things on my interface getting in the way of me buying things.

Id say the greed is the problem one game is successful and next thing you know theres 50 games based on its concept next week, just look at MineCraft or the whole survival scene

oh god don't get me started. Like half of the games that are on steam are either survival or minecraft rip-off. The other half is about zombies.

yeah, same deal with consoles and their enslaved dev studios basically. Every year they come out with the same crap 'we care about gamers and we love developing games' >such BS. They develop them solely in exchange to their financial return. Rockstar games is probably one of the few title developers/publishers that is not that greedy and actually cares about developing good games. Thus they put a lot of work in to 1 title and don't come up with a new sequel every year.

Fortunately you can easily dismiss games you're not interested

Awesome. Hopefully i won't see this indie lalalalalalalala anymore. 99% of all indie games to me are either zombies and/or 8-bit art style. I hate them.

*Except for Ether Vapor Remaster. Despite being indie, there's none of that aforementioned stuff and it's actually pretty impressive to me.

Awesome. Hopefully i won't see this indie lalalalalalalala anymore. 99% of all indie games to me are either zombies and/or 8-bit art style. I hate them.

*Except for Ether Vapor Remaster. Despite being indie, there's none of that aforementioned stuff and it's actually pretty impressive to me.

yep I don't understand this retro crap either, I guess they're targetted at kiddies like most games these days. Being born into 8-bit world (early 90s) I'm completely sick of it.