We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: broken map button, too fast gameplay, old saves

CLR-GTR

So with the release of TDUZoqqers modding tutorials and the TDU Paradise project of Speeder, I decided to install my whole TDU1 whack again.

What I've done:

-installed game + key

-patch it to 1.66 (but the game said it already was 1.66.... mkay)

-installed megapack + key (went fine)

-played game (got rental car, bought house, finished the first race)

Playing the game made me notice some things I now ask for solutions for. I also had TDU1 installed on my previous PC, a Vista 32-bit machine, and never had the next issues on that pc.

1. The map button doesn't work. I've re-assigned it several times, but when pressing it I hear that TDU-error buzzer. How to fix this? FIXED I had not finished the ''tutorial'' yet (didn't recognize the tutorial required a return home and leaving the house again).

2. The game acts in a way I remember from GTA2. When played on modern machines, that game would go ballistic in gameplay speed if the frame limiter wasn't checked. Well, I have the feeling this now happens to my TDU1. The traffic almost instantly changes lane, sometimes causing jumps or bumps, traffic spawns suddenly a few times very near me, and animations like lowering the windows or starting the car go very, very fast. On my Vista machine, lowering/raising the windows took like 2 or 3 seconds (and yes, gameplay was smooth....), now it takes 0,5-1 second... How to slow this down?

3. I played TDU before, finished it (ok maybe to 95-99%), and I backed up those saves. It's a map with the profile name, and that map contains an IGE map *in my case with 3 IGE files*, a playersave folder with 2 files and a playersave2 with similar files. I tried moving my profile name map to Documents>TDU>savegame but the game did not recognize the save when I entered the Profiles list.

So, how dó I get this to work? Do I need more files? I also have a TDU_MC_1_66_A.dmp file, is that one required? FIXED I have followed Ryzza5's description on how to convert an online save to offline, and it's all back again.

Details of settings ingame:

1920x1080

60Hz

4xAA

HDR on

Perhaps unnecessary to mention but I'm talking about my own old savegames, my TDU game is legit and my megapack is legit.

I don't know about the framerate issues, but I remember that I also copied my savegame. If I remember corectly, you need to make a new profile in game, so that it's registered in ProfileList.dat, and then (I think ;p) you can simply copy the content from your previous save into the folder from the new profile in TDU saves folder.

Edit: There's also another issue, if your old save is from online profile (and I guess it is, since you have ~95%), you need to make a new, offline profile and do some hex editing, otherwise you won't be able to play. I'm pretty sure there was a tutorial somewhere on this forum on how to convert your online profile to offline. Though I don't think it's worth the trouble now, since Speeder's Project Paradise will soon bring back online servers, so an online profile will be reqiured anyway I guess.

Right, that one worked, I got everything back (well, cars and ingame progress, I deleted my photos years ago but that's no issue). I also got the map mode to work. I only started TDU once, in 2007, and I forgot there was actually a tutorial that had to be completed by entering and leaving your house after winning the first race. So that's done too.

Leaves the question of the too rapid gameplay. What I did notice, is that the window animations work at normal speed when I view a car in the garage/showroom. It's purely when being outside that it all goes too fast.

Any ideas?

You actualy just have to make a new online profile and transfer your old online (or offline) profile into it. You dont even have to complete the tutorials, just make a profile, select a character, choose a rental and turn off tdu. The tutorial how you can transfer it with HEX is on TDuck too.