We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew: Handling Guide

Ryzza5

I know you're concerned about the handling in The Crew, and Ubi/IvT know I know you're concerned about the handling too.

So they've kindly spent a little time explaining the rationale behind various settings and explain how they work so that players can hopefully find some awesome settings with minimal fuss (and forum complaints).

wPKhHTruHNgq9fzY1pPCpqimJvhUYh.png

xMNc9OZV7NXR9kk3cLcd95qJSxK5hT.png

If you have additional feedback, post it here or here.

Shorts:

Hands on the wheel! | | News | The Crew

I had no problem so far with handling as I liked it, even if not perfect. I also already felt the big difference between a 370Z street lvl 11 VS lvl 200+, it's easier to drive by far.. but that was the only car I really noticed it. But I imagine that at max lvl 1299, that should change so much the feeling of all cars..

TBH, I was very afraid before trying the PC beta they would have done a NFS like handling... and I'm happy to see you have to tame some cars like the jump in the RUF Raid...if you accelerate at the bad timing, you lose the control... same thing with other cars in turns and even with nitro, you have to be careful, at least a bit (it's not a simulation neither)... no gigantic 300kph drifting without losing speed, or turning without braking...:clap:

The only things that annoyed me, were for the slow or realistic cruises: the little arcadish things like the car braking itself at low speed, even in descent,... (with the big camera movement at low speed... both make drive in traffic unpleasant)

Also, the automatic race car style "roar" when you shift the (very slow) gears,... It is a bit weird when you cruise slowly and change manually gears at low-normal RPM and you hear a rumble... even Ferrari's IRL have a normal drive mode, so you don't sound like an *** when you drive in city :lol:

In any other game this wouldn't matter as you are constantly pedal to the metal racing, but this is The Crew we're talking about... slow cruise is also part :)

So I really hope a "no assisstance at all mode", or "hardcore +" that would be sweeeeeeeeet, for the challenge lovers :happyroll: