We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[UK] First Party PS3 Games will be £39.99

Eudemon

Whenever Sony usually reveals something about the PS3 to the Euro and especially to those of us in the UK it's usually a cause to cry and spit fire at Sony's PR wagon that keep going off the tracks but this latest announcement is actually GOOD !!

All first party (as in Sony published or inhouse developed) titles will retail at £39.99 which straight away is less than the typical £44.99 and £49.99 that Microsoft charge for their Xbox 360 titles.

Is it too little too late though? Only time will tell.

PS Downloadable arcade games are hinted at being between £2-£7 for an "introductory period".

Maybe then we will see 360 games drop to counter-act this move by Sony. At the moment I refuse point blank to pay £49.99 for 360 titles (although Forza 2 may well be the contrary to my belief), I do the 'woman' thing and browse the shops for the best 'bargains'....lol, but if we see a capped price of no more than £40 we will all benefit a great deal.

Sorry to say this but Sony's announcement can only be met with wide open arms and pukkered up lips ;) (plus the fact that when PS3 does come down to 'normal being' prices there should be some good titles available for a snip of what we were expecting).

Maybe then we will see 360 games drop to counter-act this move by Sony. At the moment I refuse point blank to pay £49.99 for 360 titles (although Forza 2 may well be the contrary to my belief), I do the 'woman' thing and browse the shops for the best 'bargains'...

I agree £50 is way too much, I've tried my best to look for bargain but I think buying online is the best way. As for you bargains if you find a good one, let me know..

I agree £50 is way too much, I've tried my best to look for bargain but I think buying online is the best way. As for you bargains if you find a good one, let me know..

Have you tried ASDA?...lol, nearly all their 360 titles are £39.99 or less ;)....also I go to places like Gamestation and GAME and root through the pre-owned shelves, Toys R Us also have deals every once in a while. Take for instance the day I got TDU...I searched shelf after shelf in all the gamestores in my town (about 15 stores) and found £32.99 pre-owned was the best deal, so I paid for it at once and thought great. Two days later I was at Toys R Us looking for birthday gifts my little girl.....TDU brand new just £29.99 :omg:

Sorry about going off topic :offtopic: honestly I'm sorry :excited:

Games from Argos are the only high street place I have found that sell there games for £40. And and yes many shops are noe selling older games (TDU included at £30)

On topic. Argos sold Xbox games straight away at £40 so im sure they will do the same with PS3 plus im sure most internet store will be £40. Game and oter places with woolworths will be stubborn in mu opoion and keep it it at £50 like all there new next gen game (expept the cheaper wii game of course)

dont worry, you can waste £200 on the PS3 over the xbox but you can save a tenner on the rubbish first party games :D:D:D

well, im glad they're learning the value of a quid, how can they make money on the games though at that price, the disks themselves cost a small fortune...

I know this is off -topic and im not a PS3 fanboy. I have a 360 and am not going to buy a PS3 and have never had a playstation but the PS3 is very cheap to be honest.

If you put all the bits that the PS3 has on the 360, wireless adperter, hd dvd player (i know PS3 uses blueray) the Xbox would cost 470 over the PS3's 425 plus you get a 60gb hard drive with it not 20.

Oh and I still think the 360 is better by the way but only becouse of software. Xbox live and the games just seem better, though PS3 has some great games coming.

I know this is off -topic and im not a PS3 fanboy. I have a 360 and am not going to buy a PS3 and have never had a playstation but the PS3 is very cheap to be honest.

If you put all the bits that the PS3 has on the 360, wireless adperter, hd dvd player (i know PS3 uses blueray) the Xbox would cost 470 over the PS3's 425 plus you get a 60gb hard drive with it not 20.

Oh and I still think the 360 is better by the way but only becouse of software. Xbox live and the games just seem better, though PS3 has some great games coming.

aye, but the thing is, i have no use for a massive HDD, i store my albums on there, but stream the bulk of my music from Pc. Save files dont take up much room. the only use for a mahoosive HDD i can see is demo space... microshaft looks prepared to launch a big HDD drive anyway, reports of dev kits fitted with 100gb hardrives are on IGN somewhere.

and then HD DVD player, i dont have HDTV, i dont need a HD DVD player, the same goes for alot of people im sure, those who have HDTV will probably be annoyed at the lack of HD films, but those without it make a nice little saving. its something for production prices aswell. say there is a sudden breakthrough that makes PS3 really easy to manufacture, they still have the problem of cheap Blu ray, keeping the prices up. If 360 can be made cheap, but HD DVD cannot, that isnt a problem, because it isnt a mandatory part of the system.

one last thing, xbox doesnt need the HDDVD attatchment for hi def films, if you're in the states you can download movies from the video marketplace,it will probably come to us soon aswell.

i may sound like a microsoft fanboy, but im honestly not. i just hate sony :p

if i loved microsoft i wouldnt be critisizing their OS (which has been playing up all today) and i wouldnt have a mac ordered either...

I know it is great being able to choose what you want form the the console and I agree with all your points but when people say that the PS3 is expensive you just need to say that it really isn't. Im not buying one unless they come down to £100, a long wait.

Oh, apparantly Sony and Xbox lose money in the production of each console.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...