We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Meh. The Model S suffers from what the veyron got criticised for, and although that is great company to be amongst, meh. It's just boring isn't it? Of course if you're sat in it and someone accelerates then yay omg woo cray cray but the same happened in the veyron. There's not much else to get the heart rate increasing is there? It's average looking on the outside and nothing special inside other than that bigger than necessary screen. Boring. Pass.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that Volvo Iron Knight Truck? 2400 hp, 6000 Nm of torque and weighs 4500 kg. It's specifically designed for record runs and the only things that are taken from the roadgoing FH's are the engine (heavily modified) and the I-Shift Dual Clutch transmission. Here are averaged the results of the record run:

Standing start:

500 m: 13.7 sec - 131 km/h

1000 m: 21.29 sec - 169 km/h

Every second mark is a facelift. 1-2 are similar, 3-4 are pretty similar as well.

Not a fan of the steering wheel shape/size. I guess the GTI one will be smaller.

I'd be more interested in the 7 here if the larger satnav were available. VW Aus have said no to importing it.

CC's rear end looks like a current Merc (insert letter) coupe, especially with those tail lights. On a side note I doubt these are patent images, which would require the brand logo's to be left out, or at least that's what always has been the case. I think they're more promotional pictures for press releases (like the stuff that ends up on netcarshow.com).

EDIT: looks better in black :nods: Those wheels look very nice too (minus the dirt and missing centercap), any idea on what they are? Merc seems to be testing more with these wheels but they're not from MB or AMG... ADV perhaps?

mercedes-amg-gt-r-video.jpg

mercedes-amg-gt-r-video.jpg

Little update on the AMG hypercar story: during the Spa GP, a Petronas crew member would have announced to one or multiple parties (including EVO) that the hypercar is in development for an introduction in 2018. Power would come from an engine based on the 1.6 V6 of the F1 cars combined with at least 2 electric motors. It would also feature a lot of aerodynamic enhancements in similar style to that new AM Red Bull thing. EVO speaks of a car limited to 50 units with a pricetag of several millions each.

Perhaps the F1 cars have simply been mules all the time lol... I have doubts regarding the engine thing, but basically the whole story. Yet it does keep me (and the whole brand-dedicated team at work) sort of excited for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread needs a bit of a bump, don't have the energy to post everything that needs posting just yet but I think this needs a mention:

Mclaren 650S replacement. YAAAAS this is more like it Mclaren.

sul8ou65edrkvy1r2yux.jpg

qkeawz6wt8iuhafurfmf.jpg

images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

This is much much much better than the cheesy grin on the 650S that just never really seemed to work, although it did look good on the 675LT. People in the comments still complaining about it looking identical to every other McLaren, i'm confused by their existence.

Does anyone read this thread?

Whatever, Mercedes-Benz news #69.

G-Thang facelift coming to IAA 2017. 10 cm wider, new engines, new interior stuff, EPS, LED, etc.

463mopf17e.jpg

463mopf17c.jpg

AMG GT/ GT C Roadster.

- GT C is basically the GT R without roof and less power

- meaning 557 PS, 680 Nm, rear wheel steering, suspension, wider body with big vents and the "Panamericana" front mouth

- top goes down in 11 seconds, and is available in black, beige, red

- the bucket seats are, for the first time, cooled and feature the airscarf system

r190-7.jpg

r190-1.jpg

E-class T-Modell All Terrain.

- :shrug:

213all2.jpg

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recalling 1.9 million American vehicles for an airbag defect that has caused three deaths and five injuires, Autonews reports.

The recall includes models sold between 2010 and 2014, including the Chrysler Sebring, 200, Dodge Caliber, Avenger, Jeep Patriot and Compass SUVs.

It said the recall also includes the 2012-2013 Lancia Flavia midsize car.

About 1.4 million of the vehicles covered by the recall are in the U.S. Another 142,959 units are in Canada.

I honestly don't know what more one could want from a car. Yesh plz.

More cylinders. :cheeky:

Your statement is spot-on, though. Cars like this Volvo or Audi Allroads make more sense than all the SUVs and crossovers. Still the same practicality of a wagon with added comfort (A6 Allroad is more comfy than std A6) and off-road capability. However, I can't find any technical info on their website to see what has been done to it.

As for the design... Well, I think I find the low version a bit nicer - the added body cladding doesn't suit the car's overall design/shape as much as the old models imo.

Merc just introduced theirs...

2048_16C722_066-1.jpg

Not called the E-Class 4MATIC² or 4x4² or GLE (oh wait, they already have that name...), but simply E-Class All-Terrain. It is supposed to sit 29 mm higher than a regular E Estate of which 14 mm is caused by the larger wheel/tire. Nice?

Maybe it's me but apart from visual links to the SUV lineup with the slotted grille wings, the alu-look front and rear bumper protector thingies and all that dark plastic, I don't really see the use of this over a normal E Estate with 4MATIC (their AWD system). But I guess people like off-road looks...

Ye, I think Volvo just won with 5 hands up their nose. Merc is now too much wanting to be like the rest.... Oh we wanna have an X6 and X4 too! Oh we also want an Allroad stationwagon! Oh we also want cars to be hard to tell apart from eachother!

But I'm sure they'll prove me wrong and this car alone will have the same effect as the Cayenne had to Porsche :nods: :D

Anxious about the new LR Discovery, the pics we've already seen make it look rather ungainly and bloated. Would have loved for it to be stunning and utilitarian.

The Q5 looks like it's been a very half-arsed refresh on the exterior, but it was the interior that was lacking. I think the new one will sell well.