We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

rebelinho's Performance Store

rebelinho

LaF and 918 are done, 100%. P1 is almost there, but I can't get the btrq file to work. If I rebuild the bnk with it the car remains the same, it seems the game does not read the new btrq file. I'll do some more testing, but it might not be solvable. In that case I advise people to install Zoqqer's mod over the default choice, McLaren GTR, or any other car that has a redline of at least 8000rpm.

Problem solved ;) It seems that the btrq file inside a bnk needs to be the original btrq from that same bnk. If the mod was based in the McLaren GTR the btrq needs to be the one from Atari's McLaren GTR. I was repacking Zoqqer's P1 with a copy of LaF btrq and that's why it wasn't working. Unpacked the original GTR bnk, took the btrq, re-packed the P1 with this included, and it's working good.

One thing I need to test is if this (using the original bnk's btrq) only needs to be done when including it, or if every mod has to be like this. Taking the example of the Hennessey, Zoqqer's replaces Caddy Cien, and Combat's replaces Ford GT. Will the btrq made from Combat's mod work if it is applied to Zoqqer's mod? If this is the case I'll include btrqs for every mod available. For the 3 cars currently under construction it would mean one for P1, two for 918, and one for LaF (all three mods replace the Enzo).

It might take a while until I release all this stuff due to a test I have saturday, so probably only in the weekend you'll hear from me again.

Found a way of having a couple of minutes off to try and finish this matter, and this is what I got:

- mods whose bnk already includes a btrq: that file can be replaced with any btrq file, from any car.

- mods that don't include the btrq: we can repack it, using tdumt2, with a btrq file, but it has to be from the original car the mod was based on. Example: Zoqqer's 918 was based on the RUF Spyder, so I have to get the btrq file from Atari's RUF Spyder, edit it with the btrq editor, and pack Zoqqer's bnk with this file. Once again, this RUF-Spyder-based btrq can be used in StarGT's 918 because it already included a btrq.

It's done! Finally!!! :fld:

They all behave slightly differently. I found the P1 the most grippy at high speeds, but oversteers when accelerating. The 918 is definitely my favourite, the weight makes it more tamable. Don't be fooled though, it spins out easily (torque ftw!), so a bit of focus is needed. Other than that it's quite fun to go sliding in corners :D The LaF is a mix between the two. Or not. You make your own ideas.

Anyway, have fun. Any problems post them here. If you need help installing I'll make a tutorial and post it in the main post.

And remember... BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. You've been warned... :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mate,just wanted to ask how do I install the btrq file? Thanks in advance :)

Search for BTRQ editor ;)

Oh and by the way, I tried your Physics Reb' ! LF and P1 are brilliant, acceleration is pretty realistic now :nods: But both cars lacks of grip and keep sliding and loose control easily. Also I got some problem with the 918 Spyder's physics file, I get the typical error of TDUPE and ask me if I want to continue or close the program. Weird error :huh:

Hi mate,just wanted to ask how do I install the btrq file? Thanks in advance :)

Use TDU Modding Tools to open the exterior bnk of the car, the select the stock btrq and replace it. I'm not on my computer now, we I get to it I'll post a more complete tutorial.

But both cars lacks of grip and keep sliding and loose control easily. Also I got some problem with the 918 Spyder's physics file, I get the typical error of TDUPE and ask me if I want to continue or close the program. Weird error :huh:

I've done this physics in normal mode and with Sport driving aid, at least the aid is pretty much essential if you are driving with a controller or the keyboard. It takes very small touches not to unleash the full power of those cars, going full throttle by pressing the keys continuously will invariably end in spinning out.

As for the 918 I'll have a look.