We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Update Messed the Cars Up?!

Marc_CRX

After I got the update I decided i would go for a Spin.

First car i drove was the Lotus Exige and didnt notice any difference with that

Then drove the Murcielago and it felt like driving aid was turned on (Which it wasnt) when i when round a corner and pulled on the magic wand the car just died and wouldnt do what it usually would (Kept the drift).

Then i got my RT 12 out for an Ultimate Test and it just wouldnt behave in the usual way...always dieing when i got it into a Drift

i had a Problem before A LONG time ago where my Aids wouldnt turn on...so it could just be a Small Glitch which will fix itself when it wants to.

just to make sure its not a glitch could someone else try this out to see if the update screwed something up?

Cheers

Marc

Alright just a had a quick run in the RUF Rt12 and I am 50/50 split on the new handling as there is stuff I like and as always stuff which I don't quite agree with.

First the likes:

* I like the fact the car has weight to it now and that it doesn't seem to fly as high over some crests and dips and you now have to be extra careful when driving at over 150mph as the car will not turn as sharp as before which tbh I do like as it keeps you on your toes.

* I like the added grip that the tires now have, in most cars you can not burnout all the way up if you start in a high gear so this change makes sense.

* Braking seems improved, don't know how to explain it but it just does.

* Maybe it's just me but there appears to be more rumble feedback with your car now, you can feel your car rather than just bumps in the road. Again hard to explain. (BTW wireless has less harsher feedback to save battery power so if you can, try with a wired one)

Now the dislikes:

* Not being able to rev in gear.

* There is some niggling form of tc on your car now even with aids off and it makes it difficult to power out of a turn and have your rear end dancing like a pendulum.

* Still no rear wheel locked when handbraking.

Summary

---------

All in all there is a difference in the cars now, the good is they now have weight and actually feel like it via the rumble and hopefully some people can confirm FFB for us. Driving like a looney in traffic is even more unnerving due to the car actually having weight and a delay when turning at high speeds. But there's always a but, with no aids the car isn't completely free of assisted control and those who like to attempt to drift will have some issues trying to high speed drift, low speed is actually fun but because of the added assistance it's difficult to keep your wheels spinning in a high gear.

As with everything it may just be a getting used to it scenario and I will persevere with it later but for now I got work to do. Don't dismiss it without putting in some time first and also try some different cars also.

I will agree with you about the added weight....just went for a blast round the Twisties and the front of the cars still feels jumpy...but suspension jumpy not as the front wheels lifting off the ground like they used to. it turns the corners more sharply instead of understeering into the nearest barrier.

The only reason i can think that the Tyres have added "Grip" is the fact that the Driving Aid isnt actually off when it is supposed to be.

And for the Fact the DA is now always on...I feel i just cant kept the Drifts i was able to do when they where off Before the Update.

IF HCM changes it back to the way it used to be only with a Fancy Interface...then they are going to be charging us M$ points for something the game already had.

But i suppose i will have to wait for someone puts up their review of HCM before i make my Judgments

can i avoid the new update at all???

dont like the sounds of this new one TBH

You wouldn't, it doesn't sound like it would suit your driving style:whistling: Just joking.. Man I wish they released this last night because now I'll have to mostly likely wait till friday to play! (Damn work!)

really dislike it. as they say, if it isnt broke, dont fix it. i was happy with the old engine, so were many people i spoke to, making it more realistic is what HCM is for, dont do a half assed job and make everyone have more realistic physics.

really dislike it. as they say, if it isnt broke, dont fix it. i was happy with the old engine, so were many people i spoke to, making it more realistic is what HCM is for, dont do a half assed job and make everyone have more realistic physics.

True, but I would like a taste of HCM wouldn't you? Hows playing tag like? I'm guessing you lot havn't played since i've been on but give it a shot in the Golf and see what happens..

yh well i downloaded it and its a load of crap to be blunt the ff is there tryed my wheel and its hopeless ive now put the game down for gd going to trade it in tommora so ill catch u on forza 2 people btw nipper ur the new vp of tru races enjoy it while u still have the game

im still gonna be about on tdu but VERY and i mean VERY RARELY!!! i am now banned from the atari forums as is slacky, but i wont do anything bad here, as long as tenebra the (blank) doesnt come here!!

what did you guys do, i cant see any of your posts there LOL :omg:

Another screwup by Atari has lead people to become frustrated, angry, disappointed and they vent their opinions, which is instantly credited with a kick-ban from the facistic regime that is Tenebra.

I have never cared for the way that posts have been altered and deleted. I know Atari has a policy that allows them to delete anything they don't like since it is their forums.

However it becomes a joke, when they delete posts that raise valid issues and stick to the guidelines and they excuse it with the fantastic: "We don't need another thread like this."

The censorship practices of Atari are bordering on those seen in Orwell's 1984.

I gave the forum a chance, since I hoped to find a solution to the bug that denies me access to the game, and found the post where Slacky voices his opinion. Agreed... it WAS full of *'s, but they deleted the entire thread, so I guess that "ignore the problem and hope it goes away" is the policy of Atari.

i left because the game is just getting worse, plus i just got the steering wheel today and the FFB is horrible!! i think slacky left for near enough the same reasons, its all about forza 2 but until then its rainbow six and PGR3.

i was soo tempted to get RB6 earlier when i was in town

i decided not to though, cos i would have had no money for cigs LOL

i was soo tempted to get RB6 earlier when i was in town

i decided not to though, cos i would have had no money for cigs LOL

haha i know what you mean, proper annoying, you should definatly get rb6 at some point though, shooting terrorists with automatic weapons, reminds me of my childhood!?!?!?or sumthin

Brits can be bad too, me, baldred and mellors (cant remember anyone else) bumped into a cockney wideboy who was massively annoying

he also said i cant drive :O

well, he changed his tune when i invited him to a race hahahaha