We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Visiting Germany, suggestions where to go?

killalldude

This summer I'll be in Darmstadt, Germany on a summer abroad program. Anybody have suggestions where I can visit over the weekends?

I definitely want to go to the Nurburgring. I'd like to rent a hawt car to hoon around there and on the Autobahn. Suggestions for car rentals? Also would like to visit Porsche, MB, BMW factories.

Look forward to hearing your suggestions! :duck:

Autos:

Stuttgart - Mercedes-Benz (Mercedesstraße 1!)

Affalterbach - Mercedes-AMG

Zuffenhausen - Porsche

München - BMW

Ingolstadt - Audi

Wolfsburg - VW AG

Sinsheim - very popular tech museum with all sorts of transportation, planes, military stuff, cars, etc

Berlin - why not just take a flight from Frankfurt to the capital if there is free time for that, awesome place

Saarland - not that far away from Darmstadt, a bit of French flair there, great country side, Saarbrücken and Trier are nice historic places and Rally Deutschland is held there in August

I can tell you from experience (been there twice) that the MB Museum will take you almost all whole day, so keep that in mind. The Porsche one is smaller, but you shouldn't miss the showroom that is very near the museum so that won't take you just a few hours either.

BMW Welt & Museum you can do in one day easily if you arrive there in morning. Don't forget the city though - very nice city centre (also good for shopping but that applies to all larger German cities); Olympiastadion and Allianz Arena worth visiting too (there's a BMW Niederlassung dealership very near the Arena if you can't have enough Bimmers), huge Merc Niederlassung dealership not far away from BMW (click). Sadly, I haven't been to the centre of Stuttgart but go there too as you really can't make a mistake in Germany.

Audi Forum in Ingolstadt is quite forgotten by people, but it is also worth visiting. The whole complex is very nice and modern (feels a bit like you're in an Audi actually :p), their restaurant makes some great food too.

Ad Nürburgring rentals: Rent4Ring offers rental cars as well as RSR Nürburgring - this company also offers Taxifahrten, you can pay for a lap with a pro driver. BMW has their own service, too, but it is more expensive than the other companies IIRC.

Look up BMW On Demand - BMW's own rental service with not so bad pricing. if you're old enough, you can get an M car.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :mhmm: