We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari F40 in Tunnel

Eudemon

To give you all a taste of just how good this car sounds here's a small clip of the F40 being driven through the H3 tunnel, Turn it up loud and if you have headphones also listen to it through them cause the sound is amazing.

It's not completely accurate but damn it's good.

Enjoy!

Please right click and Save as, thanks !

[Ferrari F40 in Tunnel MP3]

The F40 is from 1987 and was one of the first road cars to do 200mph and is completely raw which is why it's regarded in history as one of the ultimate supercars.

You have to remember Atari would have to source each of these cars to get the recording of the engine sound right and also record at 500rpm intervals all the way to redline (so I hear) to get even close to an accurate representation and I don't think there's many people around or Atari had the resources and money to send their people out to do all of this.

I have a feeling TDU2 will be better in this respect though as Atari aren't in as much trouble and it's what the community wants, we don't want TDU to follow PD's path of engine sound application in it's games, these cars have amazing sounds and hopefully the next game will allow us to experience them. :)

Great recording!

I think Atari did a fairly good job matching the sound of the F40, considering there are so many cars in TDU. As mentioned, alot of resources would go into something like this. Some are very good, some just awful (SLR?)

The CLK GTR sounds awesome!

What I miss the most about the F40 is the sound of the wastegate, blowing out excess air from the inlet manifolds as the valvet shut and the turbo's still spinning down. That, and some more turbo lag.

diablo is correct the f40 is an icon its raw and stripped out with no creature comforts and in my opinion its the best ferrari of all time its just a very special car you will realise it when you see one. its hard to explain what makes it so special