We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fallout 4 {DT} Share Your Feels and Experiences Here

Camel

[headline]Fallout 4 Discussion Thread[/headline]

Fallout 4. Where do I start?

It's a game that has teddy bears operating on one another!

[ATTACH]24354[/ATTACH]

It has 2 headed animals!

[ATTACH]24356[/ATTACH]

It has Nuclear explosions!

[ATTACH]24355[/ATTACH]

It has awesome buggy AI!

Sure, it's not the most polished game in the world, it's not the biggest game in the world (far from it physically) but it has an immersive world that feels like it's living and breathing. It's just begging for you to go out and explore every corner of the map whether it's just a small unlit hut in the distance or a sprawling city that's more than full of life in the centre of the map.

The AI can be extremely stupid, look at the video above. Nick, my companion at the time decided to wonder through the flames with no regard for his own safety. And then Preston decided to spray me with the flame-thrower just because I informed him of some good news. Or the 2 headed cow that got itself stuck in my house... There are no game breaking bugs that I've heard about or come across. Just these completely random and sometimes hilarious bugs from time to time. IMO it just adds to the fairly typical Fallout experience.

Stay tunes for my full review on the turboduck home page in the coming days!

Discuss your feels and experiences here. And if you don't already have the game, then why not? :toetap:

Any tips for a complete newbie to this series?

If you have time, go get Fallout 3 and New Vegas, they're phenomenal games :nods: Assuming 4 is like the previous games, remember that the choices you make can actually change the future in the game. Rummaging and collecting crap can be useful to make money to buy other crap, that's what I did. Side missions can be fun and helpful, unlike in a lot of games, so they can be worth doing. Aaaand I can't remember anything else right now :lol:

What a game serious though, the storyline in NV confused me to no end, but it was epic and great fun. Can't wait to get F4.

Rummaging and collecting crap can be useful to make money to buy other crap, that's what I did.

Collecting junk is an integral part of the game now so if you see a cup or a toy car then PICK. IT. UP. You will need the components to upgrade weapons, armour and build stuff.