We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Division Beta

Ozzmcom

I've been playing it for a while now have to say I really enjoy it. First of all this must be the most accurate representation of NYC map ever surely. it's not 1/1 scale nor you cannot access all of it obviously but it's pretty damn good given that it's a multiplatform game (even down to the interiors which I've been inside most of these buildings in real life). Talking of multiplatform the graphics aren't that bad (I have the xbox version) at least the resolution is not that low like cough* cough* BO3 and BF hardline at 800x600. The RPG aspect is pretty nice, the loot system can be improved although most certainly it won't be, the attention to detail is pretty good. random conversations on the street, down to how would a major city be turned into in an emergency situation like this. The representation is very believable and immersive. I like how it's connected alive and online, you don't feel isolated like other rpg's cough* fallout4 cough*. Alright enough comparing, the only thing I don't like is the fighting mechanics. Enemies are bullet sponges. It's not acceptable in any non-fantasy game to shoot an enemy(who's wearing nothing but a hoodie) in the head with an assault rifle and then have them still alive. Anyway I like it a lot, discuss if you've played any.

Downloading this the other night but haven't been on it yet. But from what I hear it's sounding pretty awesome so I'll try and go on it tonight or sometime tomorrow as it ends tomorrow. :( Still, not long to wait for the retail release in early March.

Only been on it for 10 minutes all I can say is wow.

The movement feels great and the cover system is really well thought out and easy to use. The map doesn't look massive but it seems big enough to me so far considering you can only move about on foot. There is a a mention of another zone to the game that I can't see on the map so maybe it is bigger. The world feels full of life with plenty of NCPs pottering about or shouting at you.

The enemies do seem to be bullet sponges but it does feel well balanced at the expense of a bit of realism. You can take quite a big of damage yourself and I think the enemies are spongey because it's a game that you should be playing with other people rather than going lone wolf. If they died with a couple of shots it would be far too easy imo.

Can't wait for March when I can play it with friends!