We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo Sport - New batch of previews and gameplay videos

Eudemon

Milli this wasn't the beta, what they've shown is pretty much after the beta, this maybe the full game they're showing, the beta was nothing like this we didn't have access to the tutorial or scapes or any of this, we were only allowed to play online and view our stats.

All these videos are for the press, they wouldn't give the press a beta because what's the point in that? They've shown scapes numerous cars, the garages and all the stuff we didn't have.

I can show you what we had when I get hold of my screen shots on my ps4 but it wasn't like this I'm afraid what they're showing is near the gold edition.

Milli this wasn't the beta, what they've shown is pretty much after the beta, this maybe the full game they're showing, the beta was nothing like this we didn't have access to the tutorial or scapes or any of this, we were only allowed to play online and view our stats.

All these videos are for the press, they wouldn't give the press a beta because what's the point in that? They've shown scapes numerous cars, the garages and all the stuff we didn't have.

I can show you what we had when I get hold of my screen shots on my ps4 but it wasn't like this I'm afraid what they're showing is near the gold edition.

I honestly doubt so. Mostly because the game features over 140 cars, and in these videos, it doesn't. If there are missing cars, there might be much more left to be seen, including offline races.

Apparently, there are a lot more left to be seen in GT Sport. Which sort of backs up what i have been saying, about media badly judging a game that's not final, as a final version.

GT Sport Online Experience is around of 15% of total game - GT Planet

At the end of the day, if the game is being badly judged by the media due to 85% of the game not yet being unveiled, whose fault is that? Obviously some of it lies with the media but i'd say most of the blame is Polyphony's.

This isn't their first rodeo, they aren't the new boy on the block, they seem to be handling the release of this game like a complete amateur, they're being correctly criticised for it.

At the end of the day, if the game is being badly judged by the media due to 85% of the game not yet being unveiled, whose fault is that? Obviously some of it lies with the media but i'd say most of the blame is Polyphony's.

This isn't their first rodeo, they aren't the new boy on the block, they seem to be handling the release of this game like a complete amateur, they're being correctly criticised for it.

I beg to differ. It is not much really their fault if people jump into conclusions of a game that is not released. It is a bit of non-sense to say something will be that when you know it is not done or released.

Tell me one time that press had access to the full game months before it's release? It never happened before. So, why?

I just don't get why people seem to enjoy complain about Gran Turismo, and overlook other games flaws, or be ok with it. Seems that people use different weights to judge and balance the games. I've played Project Cars and Forza Motorsport 6, and honestly, Gran Turismo 6, which is a game from the previous gen is not really that bad in comparision with those 2. Other than graphics and sounds, everything else is on same level if not better in GT6.

Dynamic weather? Present in GT5 and GT6, being added only now by Forza 7 and Project Cars 2.

Animated pit stop? Being added now to Project Cars 2 and yet to be seen, present in GT since GT4.

Rim change? Available in GT since GT2, still not available in Project Cars 2.

Livery editor? Forza wins this one, but it's added in GT Sport and still not available in Project Cars 2.

Not to mention the massive bugs Project Cars has, flawed physics in Forza and Project Cars...

When i played Forza, a Prelude 91 with sport tires had a similar behaviour on the track as a 3000GT with slicks, and in Project Cars you can actually race on the rain with slick tires on... And yet, none of those things seem to bother anyone.

Either way, the point is, GT Sport seems completelly new, a really change on Gran Turismo series, and i am concerned about it. Like many people, but i really won't jump on a bandwagon to judge the game based on pré-release reviews, because those are almost always, innacurate. Specially when the game recieves such a drastic change. Is it their fault? Maybe. But not entirelly. Should Polyphony then give people the full game for a pre-release review? Definetly not.

Edit: I am not saying that Gran Turismo has flaws, it does. Every game has. It is just, people are always picking on Gran Turismo and ignoring the flaws of the other games, when they all should be looked equally.

Dirt 4 was criticized fit showing too much, people got bored of it's limited content before they even had a chance to play it.

If GT really did earn $60 million in recent years then the expectation is always going to be higher than for others. The fact that people even mention GT and pC in the same sentence is plenty revealing. It should never have been possible.

I beg to differ. It is not much really their fault if people jump into conclusions of a game that is not released. It is a bit of non-sense to say something will be that when you know it is not done or released.

Tell me one time that press had access to the full game months before it's release? It never happened before. So, why?

At the end of the day people can only criticise what is put in front of them, it is up to the developers and publishers to manage expectations and control the flow of information when releasing a game. If people are jumping to conclusions it's either because they haven't been given enough information or that they're a bit stupid, all these people you're criticising can't fall under that latter category, although a large number of them probably do.

There hasn't been a GT game for 4 years, meanwhile we've had 4 Forza titles in that time. It is completely understandable that expectations are higher and people are going to be more critical, they've had a long time and most likely a gigantic budget to develop and release this game. If Turn10/Microsoft left a 4 year gap in between Forza Motorsport 7 and the next Forza title I genuinely think you'd see just as much criticism and tension in the run up to the release date.

The best way to deal with it as a fan of the series is to just say the game will prove the haters wrong. I'm not calling Hassan a hater but his post above shows that even those slightly critical of Polyphony will be purchasing GT sport upon release. If the game is good it will get good press.