We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cruises,meetings...

The Driver

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a fun night. We were playing a game of cops and speeders.

Here is the idea credit goes to FA430RGT for bringing the idea to this forum:-

From the xbox 360 section:-

"Was Diablo's orginal Idea from the Atari board and seeing that it was Such a success I'd thought lets try it here..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically it’s cops versus a speeder. The cars must be the same class or one below (if you like a challenge) and the aim of the speeder is to avoid being caught for a predetermined time, could be anything from 3mins to 30mins if you want! They must avoid being stopped, hit off the road several times or crashing into a solid object hard, like a tree, barrier edge or even a telephone poll. The cops obviously have to stop the speeder by any means necessary and of course would do best working as a team by setting roadblocks, boxing in and the like or of course a head on smash is always good. lol

Cops are always black and can be any car, speeders there are no limits on car choice apart from you cannot be a Class A.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what Diablo Posted long ago and what we will basically be following, I think that the Cops should be Black Maserati's Gransports (With the black rims ) And the Speeder(s) (Deicide on day) should have something a little bit faster (DB9 perhaps?)

And I was thinking of recording times of how long the speeders can survive and I'll post them on the board Later.."

We think the cops should have A class and the speeder has B class cars.

So do you want to try this again tomorrow but using the rules above? So for example if you hit a post and stop that's it not like tonight.

It will be better I think if we all use B class cars tuned to how you like. This way we can take it in turns to be the speeder and don't need to disconnect to get a different car each time. So you can use any B class car and colour just to make it more simple.

We can try and lock the session then it will stop others trying to follow us like last night. Also the speeder will be able to go anywhere without losing the connection. This will make it a lot more tactical because you can try and cut off the speeder by going a different way etc.

Tonight's event cops and speeder 8pm UK time Italian

Independents dealer.

Please reply if interested just so we have an idea of the numbers.

It's not finished yet, but i had to leave. What we did was great!

They couldn't catch me in my Stage 3 F430 :D

I got lost on a road with a Dead End, had to go offroad but was to late to get back on the road. Had a great time! :)

You were caught in the end Martijn :bananasplit: . Yeah tonight was great. Not too much lag which made me a little happier :D

After a chase of about 15km i guess, or whatever it was.

I didn't know the road had a dead end, else it would have taken ages to get me:stinks:

It was good tonight, I make a realy bad speeder, busted rather quickly both times... Maybe next time. Some good chases though!

Yes it was fun...If you used another car maybe you would ran more farther and for more time, but that doesnt matter, what matters it's to have some fun...

Hey!

I'm thinking of organisating another cruise:omg:

It will be on Saturday. Time we have to arrange :)

There even is a theme! :o

It is named: The Saleen S281 Cruise :monkeydance:

So everybody buy a Ford Mustang GT (Convertible) and tune it Saleen Style! :P

So all cars are a bit equal, and it only costs you 60k :)

Everybody who wants to join posts it here i guess :)

MartijnMb aka MartijnMezger:badspelling:

I'll just bump this again, so we have more members coming :)

Yes it was another great night and some good tactics were used. The Island is a good playground for this because there are so many dead ends.

Was it 6pm the cruise tonight?

Jup, 6PM UK time :)

We'll meet at the Italian Independents Car Park thing :excited: