We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How Fast Have You Been?

eleKtro

How Fast Have you driven  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How Fast Have you driven

• No more than 70mph (110km/h) as any more is illegal
    • 75mph - 100mph (120km/h-160km/h)
    • 101mph - 120mph (161-190km/h)
    • 121 - 140mph (191-225km/h)
    • 141 - 155mph (226-250km/h)
    • 155 - 199mph (251-320km/h)
    • 200mph+ (320km/h+) (yeah riiiiight!)
    • I dont drive, or have only been driven at under 70mph (110km/h)
    • I am a racing driver :)

Ok, I'm not saying speeding is cool, or the-thing-to-do, but I am simply curious. I will guess some of you will be fibbing by saying your 1100 cc Nova has been 150mph. :p

There is a time and a place for enthuastic driving, and only if the conditions permit. Fast driving does not kill, poor drivng does.

Just Post what car you've been in to reach your certain speed.

Done close to 280 on the 'ring with Fräulein Schmitz at the wheel, and did 260 in the F40.

Hit the limiter on more than a few test-cars, when I've taken them to Germany, which is pretty much a req, when you are doing an auto-review.

Fastest I ever took my own car was 200+ on danish roads. Was beat at 1 am on the way home from a homicide story I was doing, and had tomake a deadline. I was 1½ hours out by the speeding limit.

Made the 2 am deadline. :)

I was in my dad's VW scirocco at 112mph down the coast road to anglesea.

i was only 8 though, but dad says the engine wasnt the original (2.2 IIRC) he only ever metions it because he moans about the insurance. :p

Done close to 280 on the 'ring with Fräulein Schmitz at the wheel, and did 260 in the F40.

Hit the limiter on more than a few test-cars, when I've taken them to Germany, which is pretty much a req, when you are doing an auto-review.

Fastest I ever took my own car was 200+ on danish roads. Was beat at 1 am on the way home from a homicide story I was doing, and had tomake a deadline. I was 1½ hours out by the speeding limit.

Made the 2 am deadline. :)

You must have had fun. I take it 280 km/p not mph.

Personal ly it was about 130m[ph, can't say where though and I'm sure I ran over some animal as I felt the front right wheel sli p for the briefest of seconds. Was quite scary.,

Not only are you breaking the law by speeding but your doing some road kill at the same time. Can't knock that haha.

Been driven at 132mph in my dad's old 80's Cortina bored out 2.0ltr pinto with rally spec cams and head....comes in at just under 2.2ltr.

Personally driven at 128mph in my trusty Rover 218Turbo Diesel.....yep 218 Diesel, was scary though due to the windscreen rubber being sucked out on the way to Blackpool....thing was banging against my roof, but due to the way I heard it I thought I'd blown the big-ends....lol.

Also worth noting is that I took my Old Punto 1.2 single point injection to a grand old 114mph before blowing the head gasket on the way to Liverpool....:D

Now I tend to stick around 80-85mph max on the m-ways.

;)

171 mph on the I-94 to Detroit in a Saleen Mustang belonging to my cousin.

It was before dawn and the early morning traffic was almost non-exsistant.

He held it at speed for about 3 miles and then backed-off. Cops in that area would not have been too appreciative of our antics. It was a little scary, but what a great feeling!

Normally, I average 90mph on the interstate in my MK3 Golf GTI, but had her up tp 122. Not quite as exciting.

Guest mellors_

about 3 or 4 years ago i went on a track day thing with my uncle and got his MGTF up to 143mph as his over car was faster but something was wrong with it. 143mph is fast enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...