We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Do You Listen To While Playing TDU?

azmetz88

The variety of radio stations got me thinking, what does everyone typically listen to while cruising around? I like to have Sirius Satellite Radio going with Octane cranking the Hard Rock. Nothing like some Metallica or Rob Zombie while cruising around in the Vette.

The variety of radio stations got me thinking, what does everyone typically listen to while cruising around? I like to have Sirius Satellite Radio going with Octane cranking the Hard Rock. Nothing like some Metallica or Rob Zombie while cruising around in the Vette.

your choices are mine dude! :D Great tastes in music! Metallica, Zombie, Godsmack, Static-X, Tool, Nickelback & most stuff played on Octane (except Evans Blue & Avenged Sevenfold) FTW

your choices are mine dude! :D Great tastes in music! Metallica, Zombie, Godsmack, Static-X, Tool, Nickelback & most stuff played on Octane (except Evans Blue & Avenged Sevenfold) FTW

Awesome! You gotta give the new Evan's Blue song "The Pursuit" credit though. And other than that, I think I have cd's for all the bands you listed. Considering some Tool for the night now lol.

i have every Tool, Disturbed, Static-X, Linkin Park cd, the last two SOAD, Metallica's S&M album & the Blackest Album (industrial tribute), and some others, but going to go into a huge list right now. But even when they first started playing Evan Blue's first single, 'Cold (but im still here)', i didnt care for it, nor do i care for the new one. Not HARD enough for my taste, ya kno. :)

if i had the money to get a Stiletto 10/100, i'd be listening to Octane/Hard Attack @ the gym instead of my MP3 player (i know one of the stiletto's has space to load mp3's.)

How long have you had Sirius? i bough mine November '05. didnt wanna miss one show of Howard Stern's

i have every Tool, Disturbed, Static-X, Linkin Park cd, the last two SOAD, Metallica's S&M album & the Blackest Album (industrial tribute), and some others, but going to go into a huge list right now. But even when they first started playing Evan Blue's first single, 'Cold (but im still here)', i didnt care for it, nor do i care for the new one. Not HARD enough for my taste, ya kno. :)

if i had the money to get a Stiletto 10/100, i'd be listening to Octane/Hard Attack @ the gym instead of my MP3 player (i know one of the stiletto's has space to load mp3's.)

How long have you had Sirius? i bough mine November '05. didnt wanna miss one show of Howard Stern's

I originally had XM, but their rock playlists absolutely suck. So I switched to Sirius (actually also in November 05 I think lol) after hearing it on Dish Network. I have never regretted that change. I have it in the house with Dish and in my Jeep with the Sporster Replay. And I still dont trust those Stiletto things yet. I had a MyFi and it would not pick up a signal when not attached to an external antenna like it promised. I still have it around here somewhere. Cool gadget with lots of potential, but it just didnt work.

yeah. i first bought the Sportster Replay W/ car kit & the boombox(so i can listen @ work)

Then i got tired of bringing the reciever to and from my car everyday, so i bought a second reciever, the Sportster 4. Its awesome. on the '4', Howard's channels are listed under a different channel listing ('Howard') And since i have the sportster Replay in the boombox @ work, while Howard is on, im using a pair of Sony 900Mhz wireless headphones, so i can listen to the show, w/o bothering anybody. and the signal for the headphones are good for 150ft. if i know im going to go past the reach of the headphone transmitter, i pause my radio. :) (i love that feature)

yeah. i first bought the Sportster Replay W/ car kit & the boombox(so i can listen @ work)

Then i got tired of bringing the reciever to and from my car everyday, so i bought a second reciever, the Sportster 4. Its awesome. on the '4', Howard's channels are listed under a different channel listing ('Howard') And since i have the sportster Replay in the boombox @ work, while Howard is on, im using a pair of Sony 900Mhz wireless headphones, so i can listen to the show, w/o bothering anybody. and the signal for the headphones are good for 150ft. if i know im going to go past the reach of the headphone transmitter, i pause my radio. :) (i love that feature)

The wireless headphones idea is pretty cool. Do you ever listen to Faction? I've found that is a fun one for during TDU also (even the few rap songs lol).

• 5 weeks later...

It depends. I made 2 custom radios.

The first one is for cruisin, and since I often cruise with my Miura or the Ferrari 288 GTO, this radio has mostly 80's songs from Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Duran Duran, Oingo Boingo, Madness, A-ha, Alphaville and so on, the only exception are a couple of tracks by Jamiroquai.

The second one is for racing, so it's entirely nu-metalish with Static-X, Disturbed, Drowning Pool etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite playlist consists of the following. This is just a short list to give you an idea of how diverse it is. The actual playlist is hours and hours long.

Golden Earring, Radar Love

Great Big Sea, Ordinary Day

Hermes House Band, Country Roads

Kazzer, Pedal to the Metal

Kingsmen, Louie Louie

Queen, I Want to Break Free, Khashoggi's Ship, Sweet Lady

Will.I.Am., It Don't Mean Nothin'

AC/DC, You Shook Me All Night Long, Highway to Hell, Back in Black

Allman Brothers, Jessica

Baltimora, Tarzan Boy

BuckCherry, Crazy Bitch

Cascada, Ready for Love